Chapter 7

From a serious POV:
"What should I wear, what should I wear?!" I nervously rummaged through my clothes. "What's the matter, Erica? U goin' out?" my roomie, Maria asked, walking in. "Notice anything different?" I asked, hopefully. "Did u... pluck ur eyebrows?" she asked, surprised. "Yeah! I pampered myself at the parlour today! I've a big performance!" I told her everything. "Ok. I've gotta run. Ms. Jameson's sink's clogged again. But, u have fun & umm,...break a leg!" she wished me luck before hurrying out the door with her toolbox to finish her plumbing job (life of a busy female plumber!) I finally chose a loose grey sweatshirt, jeans & cream-coloured wedges. I didn't tie up my hair as usual, instead I let it flow. I put on lipstick & some other stuff like mascara (which I'd borrowed from Maria & never worn before!) I admired myself in the mirror & hoped that Sam...uh,I mean, the audience would like it!
From a fun POV:
Today was the opening of my new comedy club & Erica's debut. I hope she doesn't blow it! I thought nervously. "Hey, funny-man!" she greeted. What was she wearing?! Who died?! I thought, when I saw her in that dreary, dull outfit. I didn't say anything since it was time for her performance...& what a rocking performance it was! Later, I was signing autographs backstage, when she came up to me & kissed me... in front of my fans & the paparazzi! "So, how was it?" she asked for my opinion. "Gr8. It's just the outfit that wasn't gr8. U need a pop of colour." I replied, honestly. She seemed offended. "Hey! These are my best clothes!" she defended her choice of clothing. "Remind me to take u shopping!" I remarked. She seemed even more offended by that! "What d'you want me to wear then? A colourful feathered boa & Mardi Gras beads?!" she yelled. "Yeah, maybe those would suit u better than these mourning clothes!" I yelled back. The crowd seemed amused by our argument, so we calmed down & left, embarrassed. The next day,we were hanging out at my place. There was a pic of us fighting in the paper with the headline, The Hilarious Hotheads! "Wow! Did we just have our first fight yesterday?" a surprised Erica exclaimed. "Yeah. We might break the Internet too! Look out, Kardashians!" I joked. "Anyway, I went shopping with Maria after our fight yesterday & we bought so many awesome clothes. Morning-wear, evening-wear, casual-wear,..." she recounted, excitedly. "I remember giving u my credit card yesterday..." I realized in horror. "...nocturnal romance-wear, if u know what I mean!" she continued,leaning in & whispering into my ear seductively. "Say no more!" I interrupted, jumping up & following her into the bedroom.