Chapter 8

From a serious POV:
So, Sam & I moved into our new home in NYC this Halloween. "I can't believe we finally have our own place. I love this city!" I gleefully exclaimed, turning towards Sam who was lazing on the couch, after I finished handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters. "& I love Halloween! It's the time of the year when I get to act like a kid again!" he cheerfully exclaimed,before stuffing his mouth with chocolate. "U mean, u were an adult all this while?" I joked, feigning surprise. "C'mere u!" he exclaimed, pulling me onto the couch. I sat next to him, resting my feet on his lap.
From a fun POV:
"So, Lawry Ceejay called me yesterday." I informed Erica while playfully tugging at the laces of her sneakers. "U mean, the fat bald guy who looks like a bearded Homer Simpson?" she asked. "& the comedian with his own Hemmy (Humour-Emmy) winning show." I reminded. "Anyway, he wanted to host a Halloween themed act at our club. He wanted to invite a bunch of comedians & comediennes over to crack spooky jokes dressed in creepy costumes. I agreed. What d'you think?" I asked, hoping she wouldn't be upset 'coz I'd agreed to it without her consent. "Comedy mixed with horror? A Halloween themed comedy act? Are u kidding me?...It sounds awesome!" she replied. I heaved a sigh of relief , before a naughty idea crept into my mind. "What?" a confused Erica asked, noticing the mischievous look on my face. Before poor Erica could move,I tugged off her sneaker & fiercely tickled her bare foot. She was almost in tears. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Saved by the bell! I thought disappointedly, as she ran to answer the door. "I'm gonna get u!" she playfully exclaimed,shutting the door & heading towards me with a feather in her hand. I ran for my life!