Chapter 14

From a fun POV:
I was impatiently waiting for Erica's friend who was running late. Erica set us up on a blind date & she claimed that this friend of hers was a comedienne too. It was 5.30 & I was bored, but willing to wait. "Is that Kane Cook? I thought he'd retired from comedy after his acting career flopped!" someone said aloud. "So did mine, but I'm still here!" I yelled out, hoping that the idiot who insulted Kane Cook heard me. To my surprise, it was none other than Amy Schubert who'd said that! We'd been at loggerheads ever since she trash-talked me after I won the LMAO show. She sat next to me. I shifted away & sat facing her with an angry look on my face. "What's with the look? U constipated?" she joked, on seeing the look on my face. "I remember u saying that u'd never set foot in any comedy club that I'd open!" I reminded her. "I've no choice. My friend, Erica set me up on a blind date here." she replied, to my surprise. This was the so-called friend?! "Nice to meet u." I introduced myself as her date for the evening. "Not u...anybody but U!" she cried out. "U've no choice. Beer?" I offered. She calmed down & took a sip. "So, Kane Cook....performing again?" Amy asked for an explanation. "I convinced him to return to the stage after his last movie failed. This club kick-started his career again! This place gave many young newcomers their big breaks too!" I replied,proudly. "Wow! U've really done well with this place! So, I heard about ur failed acting career too. Tell me about it." she asked, intrigued. "I did a few movies, most of 'em were romcoms. Ever watched The guy who loved a cactus, starring Josephine Maniston?" I asked. "That sounds fake!" she laughed, refusing to believe me. "It's real, alright!." I insisted. "Yeah, right! Name another one." she asked. "Rakers of the lost park, Meaty woman, Eat pray & do stand-up comedy,.." I rambled on, until she interrupted me. "No more!" she yelled, unable to control her laughter. I waited till she finished laughing & we talked about her Hemmy nominated show, Outside Amy Schubert. She promised to show me a few episodes of the show, if I showed her how the smile-o-meter worked. I agreed. "Ooh! Super happy!" she exclaimed, reading out the result. "That's the exact result that I got!" I exclaimed. Later, we realized that we had a lotta stuff in common, like-our common love for heavy metal, pizza, lazing around, etc., etc. "Do u mind...?" she asked, climbing onto the stage with the mic in her hand. "Not at all." I replied, even though I was the only member in the audience (it was pretty late). I sat close to the stage, as Amy drunkenly began, "Don't u just hate the term setting up? I'm setting u up with my best friend,with my ex,etc; etc! It sounds like the Feds are in charge of ur love life! Set up...it's such a creepy term! It's like, Agent 008! U were set up & now, u're dead meat!!" she joked. I couldn't help chuckling at her mannerisms & that laugh of hers sent me into a tizzy! She stopped abruptly & took a deep breath. "But, tonight, I've fallen in love with this word. My friend set me up with my enemy...." she continued, before pulling me onto the stage alongside her! "...& I'm glad that she did..set us up!" she finished her sentence & we kissed!
Maybe, I was wrong. People don't come to the LOL Club just to laugh. They come here to learn to laugh, to live,to restart their lives/careers...& of course, to fall in love!
The End ♥