Trouble

My phone vibrated like crazy against the nightstand. Grabbing it, I saw it was my mom calling.

  "Hello?"

  "GINELLA GRACE MAASE!" My mom's voice made my ears ring. "What in the living fuck did you think?! You have school! You were gone for two fucking days!"

  "Ma, I'm okay." I said to her. "Please, let me explain."

  "I can't fucking stand it. Get home now, Ginelle."

  "No." I replied. "I'm eighteen. I don't have to listen to you."

  "Get your ass home before I kick you out of the damn house."

  I closed my eyes. "Okay."

  "You're coming home?" I could hear the relief.

  "No," I told her, "you can kick me out."

  My mom silenced. "Ginelle--"

  "No, Mom. I'm staying here."

  "Ginelle, please.." My mom started to cry and it felt like I was punched in the stomach. "Please come back home."

  "No, Mom." I said. "I'm staying. Good-bye. I love you." I hung up the phone and laid the phone on the nightstand, laying back down. Gabriel laid there, asleep, smirking in his sleep. I didn't know where to go other than home, now, but I knew I'd be able to pay for Dad. And I still would.

**

Eventually I got up and pulled on a white T-shirt and jeans from the closet. I pulled out the most casual clothes I could find. And I badly needed a shower and to brush my teeth and to brush my hair. I finally put my hair into a low ponytail.

  Gabriel sat up slowly in his bed and I looked over at him. He grinned at me as I took my phone.

  "Where are you going?" He asked me.

  "I have to give some money to my mom," I told him, "that money you gave was so I could pay for my dad."

  "What's wrong with him?" His eyebrows furrowed.

  "He's dead," I replied, looking away. "I have to pay for his funeral."

  Gabriel looked at me with pity and took my hand. "Are you okay?"

  "Yeah." I nodded.

  "Will you come back?" His brown eyes stared up at me.

  I nodded. "Yes."

  Gabe got up and went to the closet, pulling on a grey T-shirt and some pants. He came up from behind me and took my hips softly, kissing my shoulder. "You feel okay?"

  I nodded. "You don't have to be worried, Gabriel. I'm okay. I just have to give some money to her."

  Gabriel pulled away and walked to the intercom. "Evelyn, bring up 30,000 dollars cash."

  "Yes Sir."

  He took my hand and pulled me closer. "I'm expecting you to come back, Ginny." Gabe told me. "I need you to come back." Gabe's hand slowly went to my hips and then my ass, where he grabbed it tightly and smiled at me. I smiled back.

  "Okay," I blushed. "I'll be here, I promise."

  "Good," he kissed me and grabbed my ass more, then lifted his hand away and hit it. I blushed as I let out a breath, trying not to act shocked. "Now c'mon, let me get you some food and you can go."

  "Okay." I replied.

**

When I left, I was forced to wear coat by Gabe, and then I had to put on some boots. I walked to my mom's house, which wasn't a far walk, I only had to walk to town.