Patient Lemon Meringue Pie [Nea Walker]

"[Name]. A Noah can't hide from a Noah. They never can." Nea stopped in front of her, caressing her cheek as he said this. He placed his forehead against hers, closing his eyes as he relinquished the moment.

[Name] moved towards him, her hand on top of his hand as it was against her cheek, her eyes closed. "Nea..." She breathed.

He moved his head back and opened his eyes, staring into her eyes deeply. His fingers moved from her upper cheek to her lips, his thumb on her bottom lip. "Do you think I'll return?"

[Name] nodded and smiled at him; a smile that showed sadness behind it. She looked down, holding Nea's hand. "Why did it have to happen this way...?"

Nea paused, before breathing in deeply and holding her, hugging her close. He knew, it might be the last time he'd ever hold her.

[Name] felt how abruptly that Nea held her, so close, like he was scared. She held him, just as he held her, not letting go.

But, he let go, before lowering down and leaning toward her, his eyes closing slowly. She felt his lips press against hers, softly, like feathers. He moved back and patted her on the head before turning around, smiling softly at her and walking off into an unknown direction.

[Name] felt sad, as a tear slid down her left cheek.

She made her way back to the house, walking slowly and thinking about several things. Once she entered the house, she was greeted by Nea's older brother, Mana. He peeped his head from the corner and smiled upon seeing her.

"[Name]? Where's Nea?" Mana asked.

She froze upon hearing Nea's name, before looking away. Mana understood quickly, and went to comfort her, hugging her. She appreciated it, happy that he was so kind.

She saw a few lemons in front of her, in a small bowl, freshly picked. An image of Nea flashed into her mind.

"Lemon meringue pie." [Name] spoke. Mana blinked.

"Huh?"

"I'm going to make some lemon meringue pie. Do you want to help?" She asked.

Mana's eyes lit up and he smiled. "Yes! After all, it's Nea and my favourite."

The two of them began to prepare the ingredients to the pie, gathering them and preparing them so that they were ready to just empty and stir. Soon enough, the lemony pie was in the oven, cooking slowly and beautifully browning.

After it had finished cooking, she did the finishing preparations, and placed it on the cooling rack, next to a photo of the three of them hugging each other happily, smiling.

She really hoped he'd come back. After all, it was all the Noah that he was against.

She would be waiting with her lemon meringue pie, ready to serve.