Bouncing Wine Jelly [Cross Marian]

"[Name]!" Cross Marian shouted, waving around a bottle of alcohol and a glass of wine.

She was immediately by his side. "Yes, sir? What do you need?" She asked him.

"Something to eat with alcohol in it..." His head hit against the table and he dozed off, drool seeping onto the table from his mouth.

[Name] frowned at the sight, but left him to continue with her little job. Apparently she had bumped into Cross Marian one night at the local bar as a waitress; she was serving around a glass of wine when it spilt all over his clothes. She definitely didn't have enough to pay for the clothes or wash them properly since it was a large coat and she did hand washing, so instead, Cross bargained with her that if she was his servant for the entire two days, she would be free of charge. Knowing that it was a good offer, she took it up, but found out that it was the worse that she could ever imagine. She was dead tired after the first 2 hours. He made her run around everywhere, getting this, getting that, making this, making that...it was absolute hell. No wonder he said only two days, instead of a whole month!

"Something to eat that had alcohol in it..." [Name] glanced at Cross Marian, a few thoughts going through her mind. She then thought up of one - jelly! Jelly is sweet and yummy, but can be many flavours. All she needed to do was add the alcohol to it and freeze it up, then get it ready to serve with some wines or something else. It was a great idea, she thought.

Cross's temporary servant began to make it, mixing and melting the jelly crystals in the one bowl and adding alcohol slowly, making a small rectangular tub of it. After finishing up, she shoved it inside the fridge and waited for it to cool and set.

At that time, Cross had stirred in his sleep, mumbling some random words, "[Name]...make me an alcohol sandwich..." before he moved back to his position before.

[Name] blinked and sighed. Sometimes Cross was really stupid. Actually, cross that. Extremely stupid.

There was nobody in the bar right now, so she had free time to do whatever she wanted to do. Thing was, she didn't know what.

"What to do..." [Name] muttered, looking around. She saw uncleaned plates on the table and mess on the ground. "When did that get there?!" She sighed angrily, before setting her mind to clean everything up.

She washed and scrubbed, leaving plates sparkling and the floor shining like it had been newly waxed. Around the time when she had finished up, Cross had woken up, opening his eyes as he smelt the cleaning agents.

"What the hell?!" He mumbled, pushing himself off the table. He found everything sparkling clean and shiny, making him wonder what the hell had happened when he was dozing off. "Oi! [Name]! Where are you?"

"Over here." She replied, walking up in front of him, behind the counter that he sat on.

"Where is my alcohol food?" He half demanded half asked.

[Name] grinned and walked over to the fridge, taking out of the alcohol jelly that had been set. "I thought you'd say that." She brought it over to him and set it down under his nose, handing him a spoon as well. "Try it. It's jelly, but its alcohol flavoured."

Cross eyed the tray suspiciously, then her, before taking the spoon and spooning some out and putting it into his mouth. She watched as he tasted it. His features changed from suspicion to content.

"Does it taste alright?" [Name] asked.

Cross shrugged. "It's not trash, to say." He ate another spoonful.

[Name] smiled. "That's good."

She contemplated a different reaction, but this was the one she got. Not very Cross Marian to her, but she guessed that he was like jelly, bouncing back and forth in emotions and feelings.