Chapter .12

Hi! So heres another chapter! Thanks! Pic on the side is of Tarez again. >>>>>>>>!!!! Thanks! <3 Enjoy! Please Vote/Comment/Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"She was one of my friends!" She yelled with disbalief.

"W-Who?" I stuttered, knowing who she meant, but pretending thats not who she meant.

She thew her arms into the air frantically.

"ANNA!" She exclaimed.

We stood there for a moment. Her friend!?! What!? But she killed my family! And I don't know her but Amisa is so much different from Anna! I gestured for me and Amisa to sit down and she nodded hesitantly.Or is she? We sat down and Amisa waited for me to say something but I just stared at the ground, thinking. She sighed.

"Tarez, we weren't exactly 'Friends', Its just...You know, we were nice to eachother and talked to eachother, And all." She said.

"Well.... i mean, it doesn't really matter, does it?" I asked hysterically, getting all wound up.

Amisa shook her head vigurously.

"No No, It doesn't matter. I mean, I HATE her now! Like, she wasn't even THAT nice. Yeah, after a month she was mean!" She said, now nodding quickly.

"Well, I can't be mad at you, I mean, it's not like she was a MURDERER then." I spat.

She pursed her lips awkwardly.

"Tarez, she HAD to." Amisa said slowly, trying to convince me that Anna is a GOOD person.

I stomped my foot on the ground in frustration. She flinched, but I ignored it.

"Amisa, she didn't have to KILL a whole FAMILY. And she didn't even have to do anything in the first place. She could've just stole a candy bar!" I exclaimed, exhausted, as we started to walk.

"Yes, you're right...But you haven't heard her side of the story yet. Shes on the Darez side. Maybe soon you'll have a chance to talk to her. And her name here is Pearson."

Hmm...Pearson. When she said 'Talk to' a part of me felt exstatic because I know that I don't have 'talking' in mind, I'm thinking something along the lines of 'Killing'. I grinned to myself. Amisa scowled and I quickly changed my expression.

"Now you're happy!?" She exclaimed, throwing her arms up dramatically.

"No, it's just...." I started, wanting to tell her my devouis plans.

but something stopped me. I stopped in my tracks and looked over at Amisa desperatly. She raised her eyebrow when she saw how worried and scared my facial expression was.

"Amisa, somethings happening to me." I sighed, staring at the ground as we started walking again.

There was a moments silence, the only sound was the beating of our footsteps against the forest floor.

"What do you mean?" She asked tentively.

I rubbed my eyes, sighing inwardly.

"Amisa, all I've been wanting lately is revenge and I'm scared that a new part of me is emerging." I said, my voice shaky, as I looked up into her eyes.

I had an unintentional puppy dog face on when she looked at me pittifully.

"Tarez, everyone here at Liyab wants revenge and power. We all want the same thing. We want to hold those unspeakable powers that we can gain if we find that ball of light. We want to kill those who hurt us, and now is our chance." She explained slowly.

I flipped my helmet down so she couldn't see the faint tears forming on my face.

"but Amisa, I origanlly came here just because I had nothing to live for any more. All of my intentions were pure. I was just focused on finding the power. But now....it's like I have this bloody need...." I said, clenching my hands into fists and staring down at them.

There was a long time of silence as she stared at me worriedly and I gazed down at my blood caked hands. I looked up, my tone of voice soft.

"you see, I was to scared and innocent to kill anybody. But now its like its the easiest thing I could ever do. And now....Now its like when I see blood, it doesnt matter. And now, when I looked at ANYONE, I either feel love for them because they are my companions, even if I just met them. Or, I feel a need to kill them, and I don't trust them. I just wish I was the same old ME. I'm not the same at all. My names not even Zak any more. It's...Tarez."

Amisa's mouth twitched.

"Tarez, so you trust me?" She asked.

"Yes." I said glumly.

"And you also love me?" She whispered teasingly.

I found myself blushing immensly.

"No-er- I meant...Like you know, I love you like a-um- a dog. Like, like...Like I have to love you because you're just...Um, it's not simple...I-uh-..." I stuttered.

She burst out laughing and I found myself chuckling. She had done that just to make me embarrassed so I wasn't sad anymore. It helped a little. I started laughing to, and before I knew it, we were patting eachothers backs.

"Hahah-pheww." She gasped, suddenly pulling me into a tight hug.

"you'ra so awkward!" She exclaimed.

"yeaaah...." I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

My eyes trailed to my left, and I saw plain and clear a arrow cutting threw the air towards Amisa's head right at the moment.

"DOWN!" I screamed, pushing her down and falling ontop of her.

our faces were inches away and I watched as the arrow impaled a tree directly behind us. I stood up quickly and drew my sword, facing our opponents. My jaw dropped as I saw who it was. Or should I say, who THEY were. Amisa quickly stood up and she was just as in awe and dumbfound as I was.

"I'm so sorry!" the girl who had shot the arrow exclaimed.

She had pale skin and rosy red cheeks with light blonde hair. It was...A Darez. And she wasn't the only one...behind her was about twenty more of them.

"Tarez? Amisa?" One boy asked, confused as he slowly put down his bow.

Well, it's about time!