Chapter .3

We clambered behind a gaint bolder near us. The attackers were coming near. Serret dipped his hand in the mud and drew two lines across his cheeks like war paint. I was hyperventalating.

"shhh...Calm down." he said, trying not to grin.

I knew he was enjoying this. Even though I was scared to death, he was excited to battle these three Darez. He lifted up my helmet, then drew the marks across my cheeks and smiled, fingering the side of my face.

"You know what to do, Tarez. We've practiced." He said, smiling.

I took a deep breath and pulled my paintballing helmet down.

"I can't do this..." I whispered to him.

"You can." He smirked.

We peaked over the tip of the boulder. The three Darez were stopped about twelve feet away from us. Their bows were readied and they had them pointed straight at us. Serret pointed to a nearby tree, nodding as if to say: go there. I nodded in understanding. He counted down from three with his finger.

three....

two....

one!

I ran as fast as I could and catapulted towards the tree, a arrow just zooming past my stomache. I summersalted behind it and sat there, breathing hard.

"COME OUT AND FIGHT, LIZE!" One of them yelled.

The other two cheered in agreement. I shot Serret a sharp glance and he nodded. We sprinted towards them, Serret jumping over the boulder and summersalting across the hard, cracked ground. I curved around the right side and Serret took the left. They shot their arrows aimlessly, they weren't trained that well. I whipped out my silver sword and propelled myself towards the one on the right. He dodged it with unique persition, landing directly behind me. he prepared an arrow and I was about to be impaled by it, but Serret dove towards the one Darez, stabbing him in his stomache. he fell to the ground in pain and I flinched. Serret pulled me up and we parted. I curved around the left side of the Darez while Serret curved around the right. The two Darez that were left came prepared. I dodged ones arrow and was too close to him for him to shoot an arrow at me. I slashed at his ankles but he stumbled backwards before it hit him. He pulled out a hidden dagger and sliced at me. It sliced my arm and I singed in pain.

Serret was to my right, and I glanced over to see him overpowering a Darez, slashing at him. he was winning his battle, I think I'm losing mine. I did a 360 and kicked the dagger out of his hand, sending it flying about five meters away. Now was the time. I ran my sword through the Darez's chest, my eyes squeezed shut tightly. I felt the earth shudder as he fell to the ground lifelessly. Salty, hot tears ran down my face like a waterfall.

I've killed three people. One of them in my class. Two of them I've seen walking down the halls of my school daily. I moaned and collapsed to the ground, my hand grasping the slice in my arm, blood staining my hand. Serret just finished off the other Darez and came running to me. I was glad I had a helmet so Serret couldn't see me crying.

"Oh god, your hurt?" He cursed.

He stealthily ripped a peice of fabric from his pants and wrapped it around my wound tightly.

"We need to get you something for that, we can't let it get an infection or something." he muttered.

He pulled off of my helmet and saw my face, stained with pain, guilt, pitty, and sadness. I wiped away my tears and sweat. He pulled me up by my arm and I flinched with pain.

"ow, ow, ow ,ow." I groaned.

We started to walk away when we heard a moaning sound.

"What was that?" I whispered.

Serret looked down and his face went pale. He was a very good looking guy, but the thing was, he always had mixed emotions. I mean also, when he does have an emotion, its very strong. I also looked down. The one Serret had stabbed was still alive, suffering. he was holding his stomache with intense pain.

"Oh god..." I muttered.