Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Aria’s POV

The past few days have felt like a dream.  Actually no, make that a nightmare.

Flashback

I ran out of Niall’s hospital room, gasping for air as I stood outside the room.  My head felt light and dizzy, my knees felt like they were about to give out any second.

“Aria?  Aria?”

I shook my head, snapping my mind back to reality to see Harry in front of me; he was gently shaking me to get my attention.  His expression frantic as his eyes searched mine.

He let out a breath of relief as my eyes made contact with his.  “God, I thought we lost you for a second.  Are you okay?”

My whole body was shaking and my stomach was twisting and turning in a very nauseating manner.

I shook my head again, unable to process what was happening.  “N-Niall.  H-He doesn’t remember me.  C-Car accident and now this.  I-I..”  I started to gasp for air again.  “I-I can’t b-breathe.  I-I can’t b-breathe, H-Harry.”

He quickly led me off to the side and placed his hands on my cheeks as he stared directly into my eyes.  His fingers were so long that they stretched towards the back of my neck.

“You’re okay.  Just copy my movements okay?”  Harry started to breathe deepily, keeping eye contact with me as he did.

It was as if my lungs had just learned to breathe again; all I did was focus on Harry and my breathing started to reciprocate his actions.

Tears were streaming down my face once again.  “Niall.  He doesn’t know who I am and he thinks Olivia is still his girlfriend.”  I bowed my head as I squeezed my eyes shut, forcing out the tears.

Harry didn’t say anything, he probably didn’t know what to say.

Present Day

After I had calmed down somewhat, the doctor came and talked to all of us, except Niall, and told us that this was one of the things he feared would occur.  But he said that Niall will mostly likely get his memory back, only thing is, we have no way of knowing when that will be, it could be days, weeks, months, years or never.  Unfortunately for me, I seem to be the only thing he’s forgotten so far.

The doctor also told us to refrain from telling him things that he doesn’t remember, he suggested that we play along with this until his memory returns itself.  If we try to make him remember something, it could send his body into traumatic shock.

Of course Olivia was more than happy to play along with this.  And she certainly had no shame in dangling Niall in front of my face.

The boys’ management blocked Niall’s twitter and any other social network sites he uses and they also alerted any interviewers to not ask any questions about me or about his accident or anything involved with his memory just to be safe.

One of the boys had called his mom when we were at the hospital to let her know what had happened and she talked to Niall who reassured her that he was okay and that she didn’t need to come home.

For Niall, things had returned to normal; but I couldn’t help feeling sorry for myself because now I had nothing.  I was nothing to him; the boy I shared everything with, the boy who made me feel so safe, so secure, so happy; the boy I loved, didn’t have a clue about me.

***

We were having dinner at the restaurant in our hotel, I wasn’t going to come but the four other boys convinced me to.  However, having to watch Niall and Olivia’s blatant public display of affection directly across from me, proved that I should have just stayed back.