Chapter 4 Waking up

Beckett- I finally woke up about 4 or 5 hours later, it had to be 10 or 11. I realized I was still in his arms, he hadn't left me by myself. I looked up at him and he was staring down at me. R-"hey beautiful, how did you sleep?" "Fine." I couldn't help myself from smiling at him and then out of know where I started blushing. R-"hey calm down, we don't want your fever any higher." I had totally forgotten I was sick. " ow no, now I'm going to get you sick." For some reason I said that with a giggle, and found myself blushing even more. R-"Kate, I'll be fine, lets just worry about you." I loved the way he was so caring, even though I basically ripped his heart out and stomped on it. He started to look into my eyes, and I felt so safe looking into them. We stared into each other's eyes for a moment until he came in and kissed me right on the lips. And for once in weeks I didn't push him away. Finally after a minute we stopped. R-" I'll go get you something for that sneeze and that fever." "Ok, I won't go anywhere." I gave him a smile and with that he went into the kitchen to get something. I looked up at the window, but I was still covered with the soft blanket. It was so sunny outside, and you couldn't tell it rained so hard yesterday. He came back with some medicine and about 5 sandwiches." Don't tell me all of those are for me." R-"nope, one is for me." He made me take the medicine and eat about 2 sandwiches. " thanks, I feel a little better all ready." R-" ok now you need to take your temperature." When he said that he made me feel like a little girl with the flu. "Fine" I put the thermometer in my mouth and waited for the beep. When it finally did Rick took it out of my mouth. He had a surprised and worried look on his face. " Rick, what is it." He was starting to worry me now. R-" Kate, what did you do yesterday?" He had a very concerned look on his face. " like I told you I was walking." R-"you were walking yesterday, in the rain, for how long!" I could tell he was angry with me.
"Well about for maybe 12 or more hours" R-"what! Kate why did you do that." I could feel the tears running down my face. He could tell I was upset. "I missed you ok! And I knew you would want to talk about what's going on with me. So I just started to cry so I went out in the rain and walked for hours and hours thinking about what I should do, and...." He cut me off as he kissed me, he put his arms around me, and after he broke from the kiss he just kept hugging me tighter and tighter. R-" I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just that your temperature is 400.6." "what that's impossible!" R-"it's not Kate, just calm down ok." He kept holding me in his arms. R-" look, I'll take you to the doctor, and then we can find out what's gotten your temperature so high." Agin I agreed with him, all he wants to do is take me to the doctor. As I was sobbing into his chest I let out an"ok." R-"ok let's go now." But as I got out of the bed, darkness formed around me,as I feel to the ground.