Chapter 8 Our Moment

Castle- after I knew that she was asleep I ran over to the doctor."I thought you said she lost the baby?" I looked at her confused. "Well it seems that we looked at the first tests wrong and when the second ones came back we noticed the baby was fine." Dr.Grey was smiling. "But Mr.castle, if she doesn't start taking care of herself then she will most likely lose the baby." It took a minute before I replied. "Don't worry doctor I'll keep my eyes on her." After I talked to the doctor I went to tell espo,Ryan and laine the news. "She and the baby are going to be fine, she just has to start talking care of herself." Laine came over and gave me a big hug, I felt her tears go into my shoulder.she broke from the hug so she could look at everyone. "Ok, it's up to us to make sure our girl stays healthy, now unless she goes back to castle she can stay with me." She turned to look at Ryan and espo. "Now you two better make sure she doesn't get into a gun fight while on the job." She narrowed her eyes at them and gave them the death stare. "Don't worry, we will watch her, but she is the caption,she is supposed to be the one to give us orders." Laine looked at espo once again. "What are you saying havi." Laine looked like she was about to kill someone. "He's saying it's going to be hard but we will try." Ryan said.
The room went silent for a minute. Then I went back to see if she was awake, but she was still sound asleep.
She always looked so beautiful and peaceful when she was sleeping. I lightly kissed her head, then sat back to look at her."I'm so sorry Kate, I should of never let you leave." I tried to keep my voice down so I wouldn't wake her up. "I love you more than anyone in this entire world, if it wasn't for you I would probably be at some where in a bar getting drunk." I paused for a moment. "Kate without you I'm nothing, sure I might be a award winning author, and I might be rich but, Kate without you, I'm not even human.kate I love you so much and no matter what your reason is for leaving me, I will wait for you till the end of time." After I was done I heard people crying at the door. And it was lanie and espo. I looked over to them. "Man, are you crying." Espo started to sniffle, "bro I don't cry, I just- I have a cold." I smiled at the lier. "How long have you two been there." "Since you started talking to her"after espo said that laine stepped on his foot. Then I knew espo was really about to cry from the pain. "We will leave you two alone." And with that they left. I heard giggling coming from somewhere,and when I looked over I saw Kate was awake, and she couldn't stop laughing. "How long have you been awake." I said while trying to hold back my laughter. "Since you kissed my head." Just then she leaned in and kissed my lips. "Castle, there is no need for you to be sorry about anything, and I love you too." I pulled her in for a hug, but after 5 minutes neither one of us wanted to let go. "Rick, I'm getting kinda tired again" she said with a yawn, but she still didn't pull away from the hug. "Ok well I'll let you sleep, see you lat-" before I could ever finish she cut in. "Could you stay with me till I fall asleep." Her eyes were so beautiful in that moment. "Of course ." I pulled a chair up to the bed, then I sat down. "I love you Rick." I kissed her on the head before she fell asleep. "I love you to."