The Beginning.

Kayla's P.O.V(Point Of View)

Today's just another day when I realise I'm no longer in the beautiful home that I used to find peace in,with my loving parents and a brother who loved me. Now it's all changed since my parents died, so me and my brother had to move to a new pack which was insisted by my mothers wishes. My parents had actually died in a Rogue attack when rogue wolves decided to attack our land, my parents died defending us and everything they had built. We were quite a small pack, living wild and free in the forests up until that day. Me and my brother,Kyle,ran in the direction of the nearest pack which was called The Willow Pack. I have to say they weren't a weak pack yet aren't the strongest either but we had been left with no other choice. We were accepted until Kyle, had stupidly made friends with the Alphas son,Jake and that was when they decided to have me as the pack's punching bag. Everyday I dream of my old pack and not a day goes by when I wish things could go back to how they were...

"Get up NOW! I'm starving"Kyle shouted.

"Okay, Kyle I'll do it let me get dressed and be down with you in a mo-" Or not...

"You have 5 minutes!" He left whilst thumping his feet against the rotting wooden hallway floor. As I quickly made my way to the wardrobe and picked out the perfect dress, I then made my way downstairs to the same boring day that I've been having everyday since I came here.

"Well if it isn't my little sisters birthday!" Kyle said with a huge grin on his face. He's 17 and hasn't found his mate yet. Good luck to her when he finds her, won't she be in for a wild one... 

I looked up with pure disbelief,a gift? For me?

"Yeah I know I can't wait to finally find my Mate!" I opened the box and found a necklace with a huge circle, it looked like the ying yang symbol yet with a mixture of red,blue,white,green and purple it seemed to have a dent in it but I didn't take any notice. I whisper a thank you to him as tears formed in my eyes then gave him a huge hug.

"It was actually a gift from Mother,she told to me give it to you on your 16th birthday,she said its a very special gift and you have to look after it.I don't know what it is, looks like a piece of junk to me but anyway I have to go to the meeting with Alpha West see you soon sis." And he gives me another hug then leaves, I swear I'm scared sometimes of his multiple personalities ...

I put on the necklace and suddenly I feel a burst of energy,I didn't think much of it so I switch on the television when I heard a familiar voice...

"Happy sweet 16th Kayla!" I looked around and when I saw one I was worried and the cut short by someone and realised it was Leilani was speaking to me. Leilani is my silver wolf who often appears only when she wants something, she is my other half who only comes out when I want to shift into a wolf. The worst part is, is that growing up we have to control our wolves,sort of 'tame' as you will... If your wolf becomes out of control and changes when it pleases,then there is a large chance that you'll be exiled and left to fend for yourself. 

Those wolves, are called Rogue Wolves, you don't want to meet one.

"Yes of course it's me,took you long enough! Anyway..." She started jumping around saying we had to go out for a run so I agreed just to shut her up. She has become the closest thing to a sister and is my only friend that I truly have.

I took my emergency kit (In case I get hungry or dehydrated after the shift) I didn't need clothes like normal wolves as I had something special, my clothes never ripped it was like a part of magic or some sort which was very unusual for werewolves. So I left her in charge, I felt my body push out the fur all over my body and the claws that was once fingernails became huge talons that could slice a head clean off. I remember the first time I shifted, it's always painful the very first time almost like having your first period but then it gets easier and easier over time. I gazed at mypaws which were thick with beautiful silver fur... I have never known anyone to shift into a silver coloured wolf but in all fairness- I've never shifted infront of anybody. Normally people have brown,black or red wolves but I guess I was just like my mother who was also silver. We all find our wolves at some point but if and when you turn 18 and you still haven't found your wolf?Then you're looking at a defective werewolf. It's not a nice saying,sometimes we call them wares (like Where's) to remind them that they're missing their other halves,it's horrible I know.

"Will you stop thinking for once and let me take control please you're driving me nuts!" She begged so I let her take the wheel.

We ran for a good few minutes and finally reached it when a soft,sweet heavenly scent overwhelmed me,suddenly my wolf started jumping with joy and screamed "MATE!" So I quickly ran towards the scent looking at the floor when I hit nose to nose with a Black Wolf. 

I instantly froze. I recognise the wolf from somewhere...

-Wait right here- He said through the my mind, this is a technique only physical wolves can share,he shifted behind the tree and put clothes on. He came around from the tree and I am pretty sure my mouth hit the floor... How could I be mates with him? Out of all people, it had to be the guy who made my life living hell.He looked at me confused with the main emotions of lust and also confusion. I shifted,my beautiful dress elegantly blowing with the wind.

"It can't be you! You disgusting,filthy pig I will not be mated to a freak like you!" And with that stab to the chest,I started to broke down completely.

" I,Jacob Glenn West hereby REJECT you,Kayla Anne Webster" And with that,I fell to my knees.I have never cried like this since my parents death and I was only 6 years old then. My heart had literally shattered,tearing me apart and left me feeling as though I was numb. A mate is meant to be your soulmate, only one for each person and to be rejected breaks all bond that you have as though your heart was ripped out of your chest and pulled piece by piece till it no longer felt pain. That was the last straw...

***********************************

Thanks for taking part in Kayla's adventures!
Please comment and vote on what is good,the bad and what could be changed.
Please don't forget to vote and a huge thanks for reading!

From the author,
Leah Jayne Stanton <3