Prologue: June 14, 12:51am

The air seemed to stiffen in the dark room around her, blocking off any means of breathing as she worked quickly over the small device, her long slender fingers moving brilliantly between the small wires. The seconds went by quickly-too quickly to waste another moment.

"What are you doing?!" A tall, dark haired man clad in a brown jacket with ripped, light wash jeans called after her as she ran out of the house, metal box clutched to her chest. She was painfully aware of the cold metal against her fingers as she ran past six police cars and a few bystanders.

"There isn't any time!" She yelled, yanking her arm away from an officers grasp. She glanced down quickly at the red numbers throwing an evil glare at her.

00:36

The number dropped again too quickly. She picked up the pace, running down a hill side nearly one hundred yards away from the house-that haunting house that saw too many deaths. Now it would see no more. She heard a man frantically calling for her to drop it but, glancing down again, she knew there wasn't enough time. She threw the device as far as she could then ducked behind a rock face.

The massive explosion echoed through the small valley as a fire ball, nearly 100 feet high, threw them all to their knees. He stood back up just a little too quickly, ears ringing loudly through his head. Only silence was left in the group of people as the smoke dissipated around them. His brother put a hand on his shoulder as they looked around at the people, making sure no one was hurt.

In a low voice he looked directly at his brother who stood nearly a foot taller than him and spoke; "Tonight we burn it, when everyone's gone. We burn it and end this thing. Whatever it takes."

The brother looked at the all too familiar house before him as a single tear ran down his cheek.

It saw one more death. One too many.