Chapter 1

Ever since I started high school, I've been a loner. No, its not because I'm heartbroken. It isn't because I can't make friends either. I just feel like the world is just some lie, with people around wearing masks that hide their true selves. I never trusted them, not once. So I hide away from them, somewhere where I could be alone and no one would see me. Somewhere only a few go to. There, I stay, wishing something could happen to change this monotonous life of mine. It has been like this ever since, that is, until that day came...

It has been like this ever since school started, but there was one day that was different. It started like any other day. I was, again, at the water fountain, tossing some coins into the water. I sighed in dismay, as I was clinging to an imprudent hope that my wish could be fulfilled. I tossed another coin into the clear water, and closed my eyes, and wished. But, it was only answered with silence.

"Why do you throw coins into the fountain, when you could be using them to buy stuff?" questioned a young, confident man with my coin in his hand.

"Give it back!" I reached for the coin, but he playfully lift it out of my reach.

"Why should I give it back? Your just gonna waste money anyway." I flashed an evil smile, and pushed him into the water.

"What the fudge!? Why did you push me?" he said, annoyed and sopping.

I giggled a bit, "I wanted the coin in, one way or the other," I teasingly stuck my tongue out.

He started laughing, and I did too. But, then caught me off guard, as he tugged my sleeve, forcing me into the water as well. For a moment, we silently stared at each other, until bursting into laughter. We splashed each other, as if we were little kids. I haven't had this much fun in a long time, and my mind just lost track of the time.

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIING!* echoed the sound of the bell.

I was shocked when I realized it was already class time. Without saying another word, I rushed towards my class.

"Miss, I didn't' ge...." were the last words I heard from him, but I didn't have the time to reply.

Without turning back, I rushed for the first girls' bathroom I could find. I hurried to take off my soaking wet clothes, rethinking if what I have done was a good idea. Threw on my spares, and rushed to class.

After that, my day went on like it always had. But, I noticed something different about me; I was smiling all the while. But I started to doubt that he even existed, or that we'd ever meet again....