Chapter 7

I walked down the stone steps with Mimi(its Angeline's nickname for Mikka). It was dismissal time; so many other students were walking their way home as well. I could see Rei from the distance; he was busy chatting with some other guys. Wonder what it feels like to be popular like him with lots of friends?

"Hey Geline?" Mimi asks, breaking the silence.

"Yes?"

"Mind going with me to the mall today? You know, to go shopping?"

"The mall?"

"Yeah, I gotta go and buy something. Do you mind coming along?" she gave me a convincing smile.

"Well..." I said, hesitantly.

"Ok then, let's go!" She interrupted me before I could even reject. She grabbed my arm, and pulled me all the way to the train station.

In our town, we rarely use cars. Since everything is either a walking distance away, or you could use the station, only a number of people use cars. We also have one, but we only use it for out-of-town trips.The mall was just a station away, so it didn't really take that long.

As I saw the parking lot, I could tell there aren't that many people shopping today. It's unusual for the mall to have this small number of people, especially now it's a Wednesday. I usually see many people my age hanging out or going out after school, but all I see are middle aged people going shopping.

"Come on Geline, Let's go!" Mimi calls out to meIt seems I blanked out, and now I realized that she was already far from me.

"Hey, wait up!" I called to her, as she enters the mall entrance.

As I passed through the mall doors; the cold, air conditioned air blows on my face. Its summer season, so inside the mall was a lot cozier than the blazing hot outside. But, Mimi seemed impatient, as she dragged me across the mall to her favorite shop, "Pretty and Punk-y". If you're thinking she likes the kind of clothes punk rockers wear, then you're wrong. "Pretty and Punk-y" is a clothing brand that offers a variety of clothes, for both girly girls and tomboys. And, just so you know, Mimi and I buy the girly ones, and nowhere near the boyish ones. I seriously don't understand why some guys like that kind of clothing. They love wearing dark colors with very graphical designs. They also like things like skulls, crossbones, and snakes. Don't they all represent death? Do guys really want to die that badly? I understand the baggy and the skater look, but will never understand the 'Punk' look.

We checked around the girly girls section of the shop. I am not really that picky when it comes to clothes, so I don't really shop that long. But, unlike me, Mimi is very picky when it comes to clothes. I bet this would take a while to finish.

"Hey Geline, look" she shows me a pink shirt with the words "Addicted to pink" printed on it.

As I layed my eyes on it, I quickly took it away from Mimi's hand, checked the size tag, and dashed to the fitting room."Wait for me, will ya?" I asked her, before closing the dressing room door. She gave me a thumbs up, signaling me to close the door.I impatiently tried on the shirt.

"Taa-daa!" I suddenly came out of the dressing room, striking a pose to show of the shirt

"Looks good on you." a deep boyish voice compliments me. I expected that compliment, but didn't expect who complimented me.

"Kjell?!""Heya"He waved his hand to greet me, as he was leaning to the wall just in front of the dressing room. I was a bit surprised. Not only is kjell here, but also he is alone in the mall. I usually see him with Rei at school, but he seems different somehow. For one, he has that blank expression on his face. He looks neither happy, nor sad, nor surprised. I don't even know what he feels right now.