Chapter 8

Rei's POV

Thud!!!

I woke up, realizing I had fallen of the side of my bed. I tend to get restless when I am asleep, and usually wake up in a very unusual position. I don't know why, but I have been doing it ever since I was young.

I struggled to get up, and got on back on my bed. I tried to find my alarm clock, which seems to be buried in my blanket. Seriously, I want to see myself asleep one day. I am curious to know what my body does while I am in Dreamsville. Speaking of dreams, I recalled what my dream was.

(Dream view)

It started as I headed to the mall after class. Since it was a weekend, I could stay there till nightfall. I was planning to go with Kjell, but seems like he was nowhere to be seen.

"Heya Rei!" my fellow classmate waved at me as I walked down the stine steps.

I pretended I didn't notice, but he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me around to face him.

"Hey, want to join our band? We seriously need a guitarist, badly" he told me, as if he is begging.

But, I silently rejected his offer, and continued down the stairs. I thought he would get what I meant, but he went down the stairs, and blocked me. He sure is persistent.

"Please Rei, we seriously need a new guitarist. I know there are many others, but we only know one, and that is you" I just glared at him, hoping he would get what I mean.

As he realized, he let out sigh, "I see...." He turned away, looking rather disappointed.

I felt a bit of sympathy, but there is nothing I can do. I have no intentions of playing a guitar on stage with a band. Though, I want to do something exciting on my last year in this school, but I don't think music is for me.

I sighed, and continued down the stairs. I got on board the train. As usual, its pretty packed with students that are on their way home. It was just the usual sights, I guess. Some girls chatting, some couples flirting, kids running around the train. I got bored, so took out my cell. I noticed I had one miss call from Mikka. Why would she want to call me? Its unusual for her to do so. So, I called her as I got off the train.

She quickly picked up the phone, "Hello Rei, are you busy?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I want to get you to buy something for me"

"Why don't you go do it? It's not like I am your errand boy" I told her coldly.

"I know...but still...." She replied quite uneasily.

"Besides, you are already there at the mall right?"

"Yeah...."

"Great. Why don't you go and buy me some white gloves. You know my size right? Ok, bye" Before I could say anything, she hanged up the phone.

I sighed. Mikka had that annoying habit to end the conversation before I could even reject. Pretty sly, but it just means I can't turn her down at all, which isn't good at times. But still, it's not like I can say no now. I just have to do it anyway. Besides, I, too, have to buy some gloves. The leaves are starting to change colors, and it's not going to be long before the winter season arrives. Also, my school announced that we start wearing our winter uniforms. Since my gloves are already uncomfortable to wear, I had to go and buy a new pair. And, even buy Mikka some as well.

I didn't waste time, and headed for the department store. I headed directly for the winter section, where I could find what I needed. As I was walking, I heard a familiar voice greet from behind. "Hey!" Even without turning, I could tell who it was.