Chapter 14

The next day, at gym class, we were playing basketball. As usual, the girls and boys were separated. Since the school’s gym has 2 courts, we’re playing simultaneously. 

As we were playing, I could tell from their faces that they’re enjoying the view. The view of beautiful, innocent maidens in their PE uniforms passing the ball around. I can even hear some of them talking asking whether or not they’re wearing any bras. I really hate boys that would stoop so low just to please their raging hormones. I know, it’s normal for boys to do so nowadays…but still.

Then, my mind suddenly replayed the scene from last night. No, it’s not the scene where I got punched in the face (pwned), but the part after that. When one of the band members invited us to see them play, then invited Rikka to come with me.

How again did I end up going on a date with Rikka? It’s not like I want to remember, but the pain on my cheek keeps reminding me. I really wonder if I should go. I mean, I want to see them play, and I also want to go to a music café, but with Rikka? Also, I want to straighten something to him that I and Rikka aren’t dating. If I know guys like him, he must have already put it on some blog somewhere on the internet that he met a couple last night. Though, I am just worrying about my reputation, I don’t want someone to know that I’m dating someone to know I’m dating again. And that someone is Mikka.

Last time I told her I was dating someone, she made the poor girl’s life so miserable, that she left me. I really have no idea why she did so, but I really hope she doesn’t do that to Rikka.

“Rei, heads up!” a fellow classmate calls to me, as he passes to me the ball

Then, my mind lagged a bit. Because of that, the ball slammed straight on my face. The impact made me lose balance, and I fell on the floor.

“Hey you alright?” a fellow classmate asked, as the other boys gathered around me

“Yeah…” I said, as he pulled me up

“What were you thinking man? Spacing out like a …a…a zombie?” He asked me with a concerned face

“A zombie?” I asked.

Of all the things I could be described as, it had to be a zombie. Did I really look like some half rotten corpse whenever I stared into space?  I really hope not…

And to make things worse, I was suddenly called by the speaker

“Paging...Mr. Andrei. You’re wanted at the guest entrance. Some girl from Saint Claire is here to see you. I repeat…”

“Great…just what I really need right now?” I mumbled to myself

I saw most of the boys looking at me as if they knew who was calling me. Somewhere even whispering to each other, but I don’t need to hear them to know what they were talking about

“Alright, go ahead Andrei. It seems your wanted.” The coach calls on to me

I nodded, and started walking to the entrance.

Just then I noticed, I was at the most unfavorable position possible. I was the farthest to the entrance, meaning I have to pass through everyone, even the girl’s court.

I walked faster than normal, and tried my best not to look suspicious. But, I couldn’t help but listen to the whispers.

….from saint Claire? Really?...

…..I guess he has a new one….

……Again...

Of course they weren’t talking to me, but it really felt like they were.