Chapter 10

I wandered aimlessly through the unfamiliar hallway. "Where is it?" I asked myself, nearly losing my patience. I can't believe Mikka managed to talk me into something like this again. I really need to be able to reply faster than her. But, still, she's right about one thing though. I really have to try it at least once before graduation. I groaned, as I was getting rather impatient finding it, the club's room that is.

"That's it!" I quickly turned, and stormed off towards the stairway with exaggerating steps.

I never did have the patience to look for things, and this isn't an exception. But, just as I was on my way down the stairway, I was called by someone, "Hey!" the voice called out.

I ignored it, hoping that it wasn't I who was being called. But still, "Hey, Ray-ray. Don't think you can ignore me just because I didn't call your name!"

I suddenly stopped as I heard my name. But, I don't really need to turn to know who it is. "I told you....don't call me that here" I complained to Mikka, without turning to face her.

"Hmmm, I wonder what a guy like you would be doing in a place like this." She said playfully.

It really ticks me off when she is like that. But, I just clench my fist, and continued down the stairs. She knows that I have given up finding the club room, and wants to laugh at me about it. I so hate her whenever she does that. But, as I continued down, I felt a tug on the back of my collar. "Hey, I am just kidding" She puts her hand on my shoulder, and turns me, "So....you're planning to attend club today, huh?"

"Why would i?" I said, with a cold tone.

But, she just giggled it off, and continued, "So....The Club room is lock. And I seem to have forgotten the key." She scratched her head, realizing her own mistake.

But I just walked past her. I hoped that she would realize and leave me alone, but she gets persistent at times. She runs past me, and grabs my arm. I tried my best to fight back, but her grip was firm. And, I ended up being dragged by her across the hallway.

"Hey Mikka, we're not kids anymore you know. You can't just drag me like back then, you know" I complained to her, but she didn't listen at all.

(After being dragged across the hallways, and back)

I was panting heavily, with my hand on the wall.

"You...sure....do....run....fast...." I forced the words out, barely out of breath

But, Mikka seems to be perfectly fine. Well, she IS on the school's running team. But, still, she was looking at me as I barely could stand. She seemed to have that "I'm better than you" kind of look on her face. I'm unsure if that is what her face is saying, but I just got the habit of thinking what people's expressions mean.

As I got my breath back, Mikka unlocked the club room. Inside, was nothing special. It's a room that's half in size of my classroom. There's a bookshelf on one side, a storage door on the other, and a window with a view of the school quadrangle in the middle. Here was also a table in the middle of the room. The setting sky fills the room with an orange light. It seems no one is here yet. That's to be expected, since the room was locked to begin with. Mikka went in ahead of me, seems like she had to fix something inside.

Now is my chance to leave. As turned, and walked away slowly. I nervously checked back on Mikka, who was busy cleaning the black board. Yes, this seemed too easy. But, it's not like I ca-Suddenly, I bumped into someone.

"Oowwww" she moaned in pain.

And there I thought it was just too easy. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

"Ahh, Geline. So good of you to join us today."

"Geline?" I asked myself.

Then, I noticed the girl in front of me was starting to cry. I started to panic, I didn't do anything wrong. Yet, she's crying. What kind of girl still cries over something simple like that nowadays? I even thought it was a child.

I crawled to her, and brushed her bangs aside to see who was crying. I flinched back I surprise. Mikka was right, it really was Geline. She seemed to be in a hurry and didn't notice me at all. But, I can't help but frown as I saw her face. She looks like child that's going to cry. Though she does look cute, I felt really sorry. My heart suddenly felt heavy. I felt like I was the one to blame, so I reached out my hand to comfort her.

I don't really know why, it seems I have grown a weakness to fragile girls like her. Maybe it has something to do with being around rocks all the time.

(Authors note: By rocks, he means "people who seems to be tough enough to hold back their feelings", and not really "rocks". Don't think Andrei hangs out with rocks, 'cause, that's just wrong.)

It felt like one of those movies, where a guy helps out a crying damsel in distress. Then the girl falls for the guy, seeing him as her knight in shining armor and stuff. Then they lived happily ever after.

Yeah, it did felt like the movies. Except that someone slapped my head, waking me up from the fantasy I was having. I looked up to see Mikka standing just behind me, with her arms crossed. If this was one of those days, I could have been lucky enough to see under her skirt. But, this was not one of those days, since today she was wearing her PE uniform.

I sighed in disappointment. "What?" I asked curiously, as I had no idea why she was mad.

But she didn't talk, she just pointed to her hand to the pitiful, crying girl in front of me.

"Um...Geline..." I tried to find the right words to say. But, nothing seems to come out of my mouth. I feel so despicable. I can't even manage to get a girl to stop crying.

"Hey...it's...ok...I'm....ok now" she tries to get the words out, as she rubs her tears away.

I still had the guts to reach my arm out, but someone pulled me back. It pulled me all the way inside the room, and shut the door close. Geline was on one side and me on the other.

"What was that for?" I complained angrily.

But my face loosened up to see Mikka's expression. She seemed both mad and hurt at the same time, wonder why?

"You idiot!" she shouted, then slapped me hard on the face.

I didn't complain, I just slowly turned my head back to her.

She took a deep breath, "I should've told you by now..." her voice seemed to have calmed a bit.

"Tell me what?"

She made an audible 'hm' sound, then continued, "There's something.......you should know.......about Geline...."