Chapter 12

Andrei's POV

My hands were trembling, and my mind was cloudy. A mixture of excitement, nervousness, and restlessness were mixing inside of me. This was a very nerve wracking moment. So I took a deep breath, and walked up the stairs, with my guitar in hand. As we got walked to our positions, the crowd greeted us with a round of applause. A sudden rush of adrenaline rushed through my body. It felt strange, weird, as if I could take on the world.

The girl in front, who seemed very hesitant a few minutes ago, introduced us and our situation. The crowd got bit confused, but still applauded for us. So many things were new to me at that moment; the bright light shining on my face, the shiny black guitar strapped on my shoulders, the strange itch on my shoulders. Yet, I couldn't turn back. I have already made it this far, and the only thing I could do now is make it till the end. Then, I started to ask myself, how the heck did I get myself in this mess? I guess it's because of a series of unexpected turns of events. A series of completely unexpected events that I didn't have any control of, nor could turn back from. A series of events, that didn't really fit into my daily life, as if my life had took a turn for the worse. It felt like I opened a new door into a new life, a new beginning. But, still, how I end up here is very confusing to me. And I still haven't gotten grasp on the situation I am in. And yet, I guess it all started on a simple afternoon, a few days ago...

"Don't you dare slack off! You're still on duty!"

"You don't really have to slap me that hard, Mion." I complained, as I rubbed my head where she had hit me. It was just another day at work for me.

Today, we didn't really have that many customers, and since we had more than enough waiters serving, I thought of slacking off. I leaned my back on the wall. I watched the black pony-tailed girl running through the restaurant, busy serving her customers' orders. It's just her 2nd day here, but she seems to learn quickly. She was happily smiling, as she carried a tray full of food. I can't help but wonder why she seemed to be enjoying this?

The other employees are also worried about her thanks to what she did the other day. But, I felt most of the pressure since I was the one who trained her. If she gets herself into any more trouble, I am pretty sure I'm the first to blame.

"I said...stop slacking off." Mion slaps my head once more, as I seem to be staring into space.

"Alright, alright, I'm going" I finally gave in, and went back to work. It's not like I am really needed anyway, but still. I don't want any more bumps on my head.

Ring!

In our restaurant, there's a bell by the door. Everytime it rings, it means there's a customer entering. And whenever there's a customer entering, someone has to go and lead them to their seats.I checked around to see if anybody would go instead of me. But, unfortunately, everyone's got their hands full. So, I lazily greeted the guests.

"Good Afterno-"

"Chao" a man with spiky blond hair, wearing a black, biker jacket greets me with a salute.

I tilted my head to check the ones behind him. Well, there were 3 others in strange attires. One of them was a guy. He had messy dark blue hair, and he was wearing a white polo shirt, a tie. He seemed quite younger than the rest, maybe my age. Then, there's a girl, she seemed to be wearing a black shirt, and long leather jeans. Lastly, was another girl. She was wearing a blouse and some denim skirt that went up until her knees. They...seem to wear very unusual clothing. They even had long, black cases strapped behind them.

I ushered them to their seats, then went to the counter to wait for them to order.

"Hey, do you mind if I take their order, do you?" Mion asks me, as she points to the table where the weird fashioned guys sat.