Chapter #6

A\N: Hey!! Sorry the update is late, but yesterday it was my step dad's birthday and when it was finished, I was too tired to do anything. So, one day late, but better late than never, right? Vote, comment. :)

-Paigey

 *edited*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                      *Asher's POV*

Waking up, I realized I held something in my arms, and there was something laying on my bare chest. Who was it last night? I thought to  myself. Opening my eyes, I saw the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on, snuggled in my arms. All memories rushed back to me at that moment- Finding her in the woods, saving her, 20 Questions, telling her about my kind, the kiss- The kiss. Oh God, that was fucking amazing.

I tightened my grip on my tiny angel, causing a small whimper to leave her slightly parted mouth. She had her small arms wrapped around my torso, holding me as if I was going to leave.

This morning, I decided I wanted to wake her with breakfast in bed, maybe. I would normally never do anything of the sort for anybody, but my tiny mate made me want to love and cherish anything she does.

I started to attempt to pry her arms off of me, and let's just say my earlier assumption was right. She was scared I would leave. 

I watched as a pout formed on her sleeping features, and she tightened her hold on my torso. Her legs came up and wrapped themselves around my waist, too. I sighed, gently peeling her off of me. A loud whimper left her mouth, and I quickly handed her one of my pillows. Astrid gripped my pillow tightly, her arms and legs wrapping around it.

I smirked. Even in her sleep the bond is strong. Now that I was finally free of the loving grip of my mate, I jogged down the stairs and to the kitchen. I grabbed four eggs- no, I'd like three of my own. So, I grabbed five eggs, bacon, and three sausages. I quickly got to work- scrambling the eggs, making the bacon and sausages, and when all of that was finished, I got out two glasses of orange juice.

I smiled down at my work, all wonderfully set up on the table. Grinning happily, I walked back upstairs to where my baby was sleeping. 

Pushing the door open, I smiled. There she was, still clutching her pillow, sleeping blissfully. I marched over until I was right in front of her, gently shaking her shoulders. She didn't wake up.

"Astrid," I whispered, scooping her into my arms where I sat on the edge of the bed. "Astrid, baby, it's time to wake up," Finding that this wasn't working, I leaned down and pressed my lips against the tip of her nose, and then her cheekbones, and then her forehead. I could feel her drifting back into conciousness, so I finally pressed my lips against her's. Her eyes fluttered open, and I pulled away slightly, so our lips were still touching, but not enough to be considered kissing.

"Time to wake up, Kitten," I murmured against her lips. She smiled sleepily, wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"Morning, handsome," She mumbled. I smiled softly, standing and carrying her downstairs. Once she saw the big display of breakfast, her eyes lit up and she looked back up at me, a big grin on her beautiful face.

"Thank you so much!!" She cried happily, all sleepiness gone. I chuckled, gently setting her down. She walked over to the table, still smiling happily, and took a seat in front of her plate.