Chapter #8

A/N: Boo!! Hahah well hi!! Yes, yes. Early update!:) I just felt generous today and wanted to write, so. Well. Hope you like this chapter. AND THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE READS MY GOD!! :'D I'M SO HAPPY! THANK YOU! LOVE YOU GUYS!! Comment & vote please!! I legit love compliments. :)

 *Edited*

_______________________________________________________________________________________

                                                                          *Asher's POV*

 Tap tap tap.

Tap.

Tap tap.

I groaned loudly, tightening my grip on my tiny mate. I felt her bury her dirty-blond head into my chest, mumbling something I couldn't understand. 

"Ash, stop making so much noise" She whined, her angelic voice muffled by my bare chest.

Groaning again, I slowly peeled her arms off of me, kissing her palms. "Baby, it's not me," I said quietly. "I'll be right back, okay?" I was about to kiss her forehead, when suddenly her thoughts rushed into my head.

'Oh Lord he smells so good' she thought to herself. It was then when I burst out laughing, not being able to hold it in. Her eyes shot open, obviously surprised. I grinned happily, pecking her lips. 

"I smell good, hm?" I asked smugly, causing her cheeks to redden. Laughing again, I shook my head. "You must have accidentally sent that thought to me" She nodded slowly, still not looking at me. "Stay here, Kitten. Someone's at the door," With that I tugged on some plaid pajama pants, running a hand through my shaggy black hair as I trotted down the stairs. 

Swinging the door open, I was greeted with the faces of my pack. All of them.

On my lawn.

At my house.

At nine in the morning.

What. The. Hell?

"What?" I snarled, still not happy that I'd been dragged away from my mate. 

My beta, Andy, started to laugh. My eyes narrowed, and I stared at him in pure anger. "What?!" I snapped, sharper now. 

He stopped abruptly, realizing just how angry I was. Clearing his throat, he looked back at me. "Alpha, the pack would like to,um, meet your mate?" He asked, uncertain. I knew for a fact that she wasn't ready to meet new people- an entire pack at that. 

It was clear she still had her trust issues, and the only reason I had stayed in this house was because of her. Normally, I stayed in the pack house. I understood her reasons for not wanting to be around new people, though. God, she had just escaped from some fucking sycho who beat her every day, for fuck's sake!

"No." I growled immediately. He frowned, eyebrows scrunching together.

"Why?" He asked, obviously not getting the hint from the look I gave him which clearly said 'Not now'. 

"It's none of your goddamn business." I snapped, slamming the door. 

I leaned against the large oak door, squeezing his eyes shut. I was so lost in my thoughts that somehow I didn't hear the small whimpers of pain coming from my mate- She still had 13 days of heat- and her small pitter patters of her foot-falls rushing towards me.

"Are you okay?" She asked me, finally standing in front of me. Her tiny body adorned one of my favourite t-shirts, and seeing my favourite girl in it made it even better. She had taken me out of my thoughts, and frankly I was happy for it.

Opening my arms for her, she quickly rushed into them, breathing in my scent. I smiled a bit at this, and was glad to feel my wolf finally calming. I found it amusing, actually. He never calmed down. If I was completely honest, I had a bit of an anger problem- and being an Alpha didn't help. Whenever I was mad, nobody could calm me down. But now that I had Astrid, her quiet and innocent demeanor had me calmed instantly.

"Ash?" She repeated, her wide blue eyes watching me carefully. I nodded, leaning down and kissing her forehead softly.

"I'm okay, Kitten, just thinking." I murmured, kissing her forehead again.

"About what?" She pushed, snuggling deeper in my arms. 

"You," I hummed. She giggled a little bit, stepping on her tip toes to lightly press her lips to my collar bone. I groaned slightly, and her giggling some more again didn't help my situation.

Her body still hasn't healed from the bruises that littered her skin, and it killed me. She was obviously still weak, tired and in pain, but she acted as if it was nothing. Gently, I scooped her into my arms, holding her close.

"I can walk, you know," She said, holding back her giggles- unsuccessfully, may I add. When she pressed  her body firm against mine, and when she wrapped her arms around my neck, I knew she secretly liked it when I carried her.

Taking her into the kitchen, I set her down on the bar stool, a loud sigh falling from her lips. I laughed out loud, pressing a lingering kiss to her lips before I started on her breakfast. 

"What would you like, Kitten?" I asked her, looking at my baby over my shoulder.

She bit her lip, looking at the fridge. "I don't really know," She admit quietly. A frown appeared on my face at her confession, causing me to step forward. 

"What do you mean, Kitten?" I pondered quietly, taking her hands in mine.

She looked down, the curls flopping in front of her face as she answered. "Matt never really let me eat too much, and when he did it was mostly only bread or rice." 

A vicious growl erupted from my chest, my eyes turning the colour of my wolf's. Black. Dropping Astrid's hands, I gripped the edge of the marble counter top. My body shook violently, trembling with anger.

'How dare he touch our mate! He starved her, beat her, and touched her! The fucking bastard! How dare he touch OUR mate! We will make him pay!' My wolf, Caspian, roared. I was about to do just that, too, before I felt a tiny and shaky hand touch mine. 

My eyes shot open- I hadn't even realized they'd been closed, actually- and saw my baby watching me with wide eyes. The beautiful blue orbs bore into mine, as if she could see straight through my soul. 

"Love, you need to calm down" She whispered, standing from her stool to walk around the counter and to stand in front of me, her eyes never leaving mine. When she was stood directly ahead of me, she just stared at me for a second. 

It was then that I noticed just how much taller I was. She may have been around 5'3'', whereas I was 6'5''. It was cute, honestly. She was perfect.

"I'm safe, now. I know he'll never hurt me anymore, because I have you. I love you, Asher. He won't be coming back, I'm fine." I stared at my mate in awe. Could she get any better? First, she trusts me. Second, she didn't think I was a monster when she saw me shift. Third, she could calm me down at any given time. 

Caspian settled at his mate's touch, and I still found it odd. He never calmed down because of anything. 

Astrid's arms rose as she stood on her tip toes, cupping my cheeks with her soft hands. I smiled a little, leaning my head down so her lips could come in contact with my nose. I snaked my arms around her petite waist, pulling her closer. 

"I love you so much" I breathed into her ear. Her back erupted in goosebumps, along with a small shiver. I smirked in triumph, I loved the effect I had on her.

"I love you too," She whispered.