Chapter #17

*Astrid's POV*

~2 Weeks later~

"Asher?" I called, strolling down the halls. I'd been looking for him for about twenty minutes, but his house was so gosh-darned big I couldn't find anything! I even got lost at some point. "Ash?" I sighed, giving up. 

Making my way to the kitchen, I realized I had a strong urge for popcorn. Why did I want it so much? I'd been hungry a lot lately. It was weird, and I didn't like it.

As I put the bag of kernals into the stainless steel microwave, I looked around the kitchen. I found it odd that Ash had just left this morning, leaving me by my lonesome. He didn't even leave a note or anything telling me where he was.

We had come back up to Asher's house instead of the pack house for a while, because we may or may not have gotten a tad loud in our late night physical activities. It was even worse because everyone in the whole house was a freaking werewolf with freaking werewolf hearing. Sigh.

'Beep beep beep!' My head whipped around towards the sound, causing my blond waves to fly out around me. A grin lit up my features once I saw that my popcorn was all ready, and I eagerly opened up the microwave, pulling out the now protruding bag.

Skipping into the living room, I grabbed the clicker and flipped through the shows, finally settling on The Mentalist. It was one of the only shows I watched on TV, and I really liked it. 

Halfway through the hour-long episode, I continued to happily munch on my buttery popcorn, intently staring at the TV, when a wave of nausea hut me like a ton of bricks.

Gasping from the urgency of it, I stood abruptly, dropping the bag of buttery goodness on the dark wood floor in the process.

Spinning on my heels, I started sprinting for the bathroom, desperately trying to get there as soon as possible. 

Throwing the door open, I made a beeline for the porcelain toilet and fell to my knees, feeling the bile rise in my throat as I gagged, emptying my stomach.

After a while, it had stopped, leaving me feeling weak and tired as I helplessly rested my head on the seat of the flush, closing my eyes.

The sound of the front door slamming had my eyes flying open, but I didn't dare move from my spot on the black tiled floor.

"Astrid?" Asher called expectantly. "Astrid, baby? Where are you?" My throat was raw from retching, but I decided he needed some kind of answer.

"I'm fine," I croaked, trying to yell, but failing miserably. When I heard his thundering footsteps coming my way, I remembered what I had just been doing. "No, don't come in-"

My words were cut off when Ash shoved the door open, his gaze immediately zeroing in on my crumpled body hugging the toilet.

"Get out, I don't want you seeing me like this," I whispered, reaching up to flush the toilet.

"What? No, I'm not leaving," He finally spoke, snapping out of his shocked and worried expression. "Baby Doll, what happened?" He asked softly, kneeling down so we were almost at eye level.

"I d-don't know," I whimpered, suddenly feeling sad and broken. Tears formed in my eyes, and I hurriedly shut them, not wanting to cry.

I cried.

"Sweetheart," Ash whispered, scooping me up from my spot on the floor. "What is wrong? Do you still feel sick?"

Shaking my head, I stopped crying, just basking in his warmth. 

"I'll run you a bath," He murmured, setting me onto the black-granite counter and turning to the large jacuzzi bathtub.

He switched the water on, the sound of running water calming me down as I rested my cheek against the already steamy mirror.

My eyes jolted open when I felt Asher lifting me up off the counter, setting me down and peeling my shirt off. I watched him as he gently tugged the pink pajama shorts I had on down my legs. I was now completely bare, and I also got to watch him as he stripped down to his birthday suit as well. 

Scooping me into his arms, he stepped into the bathtub, sitting down in the hot water and placing me down on his lap. Leaning back against his muscled chest, I closed my eyes, thinking about how lucky I was to have a mate such as him.

"I love you so much," I whispered. 

No answer.

"Ash?" I asked quietly, turning my head, only to see him staring at my stomach with wide eyes.

Was I fat or something now?

Biting my lip, I looked down at where he was, a loud gasp leaving my lips once I did.

There was a protruding bump on my tummy. Not a normal, 'You've gained weight' kind of bump, either.

Nuh-uh.

This was a baby bump.

"Is that...?" I trailed off, not able to finish my sentence.

"Your scent changed," He whispered, his eyes not leaving my supposed-baby-bump.

"What does that mean?" I asked, my voice wobbly.

"You're pregnant."

A/N: Hehe, short teaser;) Sorry!! <3 But, I will need 10 votes and 2 comments to post the rest. Sorry again!! :)

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE READS AND POSITIVE FEEDBACK AND I LOVE YOU GUYS AND IT JUST MEANS A LOT TO ME SO THANK YOU UGH I LOVE YOU GUYS

VOTE, FAN, COMMENT!!!!!!<3