Paranoia Down Under

Adam was, to say the least, scared shitless. In the years he's been down in the cage, Micheal and Lucifer have never acted like this. Hell, they had barely even spoken to him save for a few lousy poker games. But now, he didn't know how to react.

"Listen to me! The darkness is coming! It's coming for all of us! And when it does, it won't just hit earth! Do you hear me? The archangels are the only ones strong enough to defeat it! Let me out!"

"They're not going to let you out," Lucifer spoke in a calm voice to mask the nervousness he felt.

"I know you're just as frightened as I am brother so I suggest you stop acting like you aren't." Lucifer just rolled his eyes as Micheal went back to the edge of the cage, repeatedly slamming himself against it to try to do something, anything. May Lord have mercy on everyone, including him.

****

Micheal was right, Lucifer was scared. He wanted to fly away more than anything. The darkness was coming and it was going to take down anyone it came in contact with, including him, and he was stuck here like a sitting duck. For some reason he had a feeling that those damn Winchesters were involved, and he hoped beyond hope that they knew how to fix it.

"Micheal, come here." He reluctantly made his way over to him. He was shocked when his younger brother grabbed him, holding him in a tight embrace. Slowly, he wrapped his arms around the other, trying to comfort him. And for the first time in a long, long time, they prayed to their father that everything would be alright.

****

Adam curled in on himself, frightened by the display of affection the two powerful beings were showing. Never before had he seen them this close, and it just served to magnify the feeling of loneliness and abandonment he felt while living in the cage. Whatever it was that had the two angels so upset had to be bad. They kept talking about something called The Darkness, and just the name sent shivers down his spine.