Confrontations

Thor had put it off as long as he could. He couldn't wait anymore. As he sat alone in the tower, (everyone else was out doing something) he knew the time had come. Thor closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Gabriel, I need to speak with you. It is of an urgent matter, so please come down here as soon as possible.

With a flutter of wings his brother's form stood in front of him. But it wasn't his brother. Not anymore.

"Hey-o Blondie. How's it goin'?" It still took Thor off guard hearing the modern lingo fall from his brother's lips. "I must speak with you," he said. "Well duh, isn't that why you called me?" Thor didn't dignify the sarcasm with a response.

"Gabriel, I must speak to you about my brother." Gabriel met the god's eyes. "What about him Thor?" Thor stared intently into his brother's eyes. "I need to know why." Gabriel seemed to understand what he meant and spoke.

"He felt useless. Like he had served his small purpose and was no longer needed. I could sense his pain and offered him a deal. We both needed help: I was in need of a new vessel, and he didn't want to be here anymore. I told him if he said yes to me that he wouldn't have to continue like he was."

"But why?!" Thor demanded. "Why did he not want to be here?! I still loved him! He was still my brother, and I know there was still some good in him!" Gabriel placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I know there is. He sacrificed himself in order for me to still fight the fight. Listen, I know how he feels. We have the same family issues and I understand what he's going through."

"How would you know how he feels?" Thor asked defensively. "Daddy who doesn't care for you, neglected by most everyone, overlooked by your older brothers, and most of all the feeling of betrayal. In my opinion, you don't have the right to know what's going on in his head. Not after how you treated him," he glared.

"Please," Thor pleaded. "Just let me speak with him."Gabriel grimaced, "You see, I told him what I was gonna do. He said if you asked about him, to tell you he was gone. He doesn't want anything to do with you, or anyone for that matter. Let the poor kid be." Gabriel's eyes were soft. Thor's eyes were filled with tears. "Please. I must speak with him."

Gabriel sighed in defeat. "I'm not in control of what comes out of his mouth." "I wouldn't expect you to." Gabriel took a deep breath and exhaled, and there was something in his eyes that changed. They were confused, scared, and Thor recognized those eyes. They were his brother's.

Loki looks up at his brother and took a step back, startled. "Gabriel, I thought we had a deal." I know, but he seemed really upset and wanted to talk with you. "Well I don't!" Just give it a chance kiddo...

"Brother I-" Loki cut him off. "No Thor. No more. I don't want to hear any of it." The god turned on his heels and left his brother alone. He needed to think about what he did to him. Needed to understand why Loki chose this for himself instead of living his life.