The Worst Thing to Say

I didn't know what to do. I was having trouble breathing and nobody was around to help me. Kaylee wouldn't wake up unless there was an earthquake, she was a heavy sleeper. I let out a screech for help, but it didn't work. I held the sheets on my bed tighter and tighter until my knuckles were white. I let out a small whale for help before I decided it was no use anymore.

To my surprise, Kaylee came rushing in.

"CARTER!" She screamed. She was a bit blurry, but I could see that she was wearing the soft pajama pants I had bought her for her birthday a few years back.

"Breathe!" She held me. I was blinking, but it wasn't that. I was seeing blackness all around me.

"Carter! You-" Nothing. "Happen-" Blank. "Oh m-" Cut off. "Call emergency-" Fading. "CARTER!" Everything went dark.

Beep, beep, beep.

This noise, I'd heard it before. It was quite familiar, but I hadn't heard it in awhile.

The memories flooded in of the day I woke up in the hospital after my sisters death. I shuttered. I was struggling to open my eyes. Once all the blurry images came into place, I could see a dull hospital room. Ding, ding, ding! I was right. What time was it? How did I even end up here...?

I hit the botton next to me to tell the nurse that I was awake.

I thought the nurse would walk into the room and take my temperature, give me some water, medicine in I needed it, tell me everything that happened. But I was wrong. Kaylee and Harry came rushing into the room. Yes, Harry. The same Harry Styles that I'm in love with. The same Harry Styles that I have to leave along so he can live.

"HARRY!?" I coaxed out.

"You two need to leave this room. Now." The doctor made my best friend and the love of my life leave me. I really hope Lenon doesn't find out... How would he right?

"But-"

"No. Carter, we need to speak alone." I shifted uncomfortably to a sitting position as the doctor came to speak.

"Well-"

"Doc, I'm so very sorry to interrupt, but theres a young lady out here with some important information for you."

"I will be right back, dear." The doctor got up and walked to the door. The second he left my phone buzzed on the table next to me. I reached for it.

Lenon: If you say one word about me, Harry's done for, maybe even whats-her-face, Kaylee, too.

I sat here terrified. Lenon did know where I was and what had happened. I didn't even know what happened. But some how he did. But how exactly? He was manipulating me. Should I tell someone..?

Lenon: Mark my words, do not tell anyone. You know what I can do.

Lenon just basically admitted what I thought for a long time. Did he really do that to Maggie...? It's just sick.

"Carter." The doctor sat down at my bedside. I quickly shut down my phone and put it down.

"Let me tell you the whole story, because I know you don't remember, am I right?" I nod.

"Well, you're friend, Kaylee, called the emergency services and we came to get you right away. You might be wondering what time of day it is, well, it's late Sunday evening. You've been sleeping for quite awhile. We did some tests because we were worried from all of the sleep. You just had a panic attack, and what I can see from your record, is nothing new. But why it took such a toll on you is because we think your under much stress right now. More than ever. Is there anything going on in your life that is causing this?"

Lenon. Lenon, and it dirty little tricks.

"Well..." I paused. She gave me a caring look. "I mean, I'm a collage student. Right now I'm at the top of my class and I really want to keep it that way so I've been giving everything my one-hundred percent. I just think all the work and not play thing has really gotten to me." I gave a fake smile. She looked like she believed me... I think.

"I understand. Carter, all work and no play, isn't always good. For you, you should get out and play a sport or just go hang around town with your friends sometime." The doctor smiled and stood up.

"I'll let you see your friend and your boyfriend now."

"He's not my-" She left the room. I got a little time to think... Maybe I will join a sport. I used to play basketball, but it's not basketball season. I tried thinking of other sports, but everything else seemed to hard. I guess I would try tennis, seemed easier than all the other ones. Yeah, I'd join a tennis team.

"Carter!" Kaylee was so happy to see me.

"Carter, I love you." Harry came to kiss me.

"No." I covered my mouth. He drew back.

"Harry, you need to leave. You need to run. Far away from me. Forget about me, forget about my face, forget about my smile, forget about my voice. Harry, save yourself."

"Carter... I don't understand." His voice was so deep and strong. I missed it.

"You don't have to. Harry just listen to me for once. Just listen and forget all about me."

"But how can i forget about someone I love."

"You have to." I say harshly.

"Do you... Do you not love me anymore...?" Harry then sounded like a vulnerable little child.

What do I say?

What would keep him safe?

"I..." I looked to Kaylee. She looked confused.

"I don't." But I do. I was protecting the ones I loved. I love Harry and no one can know that now, not even Harry.

His face went pale. I had just seem his heart break in front of my eyes. I wanted to sob into Harry's arms as he hold me tight.

"Well," he cleared his throat, "I'll be leaving then. Good-goodbye Carter." He ends in a whisper. Before he leaves he looks back. You can see the tears about to come out his eyes. You can probably see the same in his.

"Goodbye, Harry." I whisper so quietly that Kaylee can't even hear it.

"Carter, you love Harry, what's going on?" She was so gentle.

"Kaylee, I've just mo-moved on. Please expect that." I stuttered because I was lying and about to cry. She nodded without words and played with my hair. I could tell she didn't really believe me and that there was something behind it. Maybe now it would all come to an end...

a.n.

HEY GUYS!

I hate writing stuff like this. But, I do promise the story has a happy ending. I think I might write another Harry one that's a little bit more happier.

This one is pretty sad and dramatic. I guess with all the drama in this fandom this is one of the ways I take it out.

I hope you all enjoy:)

Lots of love to all of you.

-Eve fangirl on, x