Chapter Nine: Escape

"Captain!" Alice burst into Levi's office.

"What's wrong?" Levi asked, sipping his tea. A flood of documents were sitting on his desk, and he didn't have time to mess around today.

"Shadow king..(f/n)..she's gone, and I can't find her!"

•      •     •

Looking over your shoulder each time, you ran from the base as fast as you could, trying not to stop. So many thoughts were swimming through your head, but you couldn't focus on one.

Stupid, stupid, stupid..

If you was caught, you was going to be in so much trouble.

Idiot, idiot, idiot..

Where should you go now? If you stay in Wall Rose you'll no doubt be caught.

You slowed down to a walking pace, finally letting your lungs gasp for air as you stumbled around, trying not to cry. Your legs hurt, your head hurt, your heart hurt.

Why did I do this again? Was it to get away from Levi..my last family?

But he has other people now, friends he considers more as family than me. After all, it's been three years.

Your vision was blurring, but you took no notice.

"Oh my!" A woman's voice suddenly cried out into the empty air, but her standing in front of you was just a hazy silhouette. "Oh lord, are you all right, dear?" She asked anxiously.

Before you could answer, you collapsed onto your knees and blacked out.