02:00

Delaney felt the pair of eyes on her and she nearly rolled her eyes. The nerve of the boy to scan her backside with his pretty brown eyes.

She never really liked the lad. Maybe it was his huge ego, maybe it was the unnecessary credit he gets in every game, or maybe it was the fact that he felt like a class A celebrity where ever he was.

Not to mention he's cocky, extremely talented, intelligent, and attractive. It was like he was destined to be a 'star'.

But Delaney saw past all the glitz and glamour. She could tell there was something inside him that made him cringe and maybe even, scared. Something that can drop his whole 'star guard' facade and turn his world upside down.

And due to her smarts and deep research, she knew exactly what that something was.

She turned to face him once they reached a good spot, towards the middle of the bleachers, and sat.

Calum tried not to react to her sitting so close that he can smell that intoxicating perfume, or the fact that her leg was touching his own.

"Okay, so I'm just going to ask you a couple of ques-"

"I know how this goes, babe." Calum half chuckled, amazed that someone so beautiful and possibly smart would think he's an amateur to this.

Delaney put on a fake smile, trying to bite back the words she really wanted to say, and nodded.

"Right...so it won't take too long." She pulled out a recorder and pulled out a notepad.

Calum nodded and relaxed against the bleacher above his, elbows propped on the cold metal.

"No problem, Delly, I have all night." He sighed, throwing his head back for a while.

And Delaney was glad of it because he would've caught the eye roll the girl sent his way. She wasn't too fond of the nickname he brought upon himself to call her.

She cleared her throat and placed the recorder on her lap.

"Okay so, I'm here with Calum Hood, point guard of the UCLA Bruins. How are you, Calum?" Delaney began as she started scribbling the date in her notepad.

"I'm quite tired due to practice but practice makes perfect so, I can't complain too much." He answered honestly, shrugging and smiling down at the girl.

"That's good to hear. So, tell us, Calum, as team leader you see everything. Right or wrong?"

"That's very correct and I take that job very seriously."

"We're sure you do. So, with that in mind, what would you say is the teams errors as you guys ready for the new season?"

"I wouldn't call them errors but we've been pressing on defense, since last season our competitors were able to score easy baskets. So, we've been doing drills to perfect that for the upcoming season." He answered, not breaking a sweat. It bothered Delaney how cool and laid back he was so she decided to push the envelope.

"What do you feel you can do better as the leader of the team?"

"I like the quote from Stephen Curry when he says that he feels that there's always room for improvement and he feels he hasn't reached that ceiling yet. Likewise, I feel I can get better at everything; ball handling, dribbling, shooting, play making. Like he said, I haven't reached that ceiling yet so until then, everything." 

"That's great to hear. Are there anything you'd keep from last season? As far as mentality or anything personally?"

"Um, no. I think when it's a new season or even a new game that you should work on changing your mentality. Every time you play, each game, there's always something you wished you did better. So, if you come into next game with the same mental then you'll be re-doing those same mistakes." Once again, another flawless answer from the smug lad. And once again she had to hold back an eye roll.