13:00

Calum ran a hand through his hair, dusting himself off as he readied for what he was about to do.

He brought an arm behind his back, the arm of the hand that held the dozen of pink roses he hoped Delaney wasn't allergic to.

A wave of nervousness washing over him once he reached for the knob of the media room.

Once again he was met with the smell of strong coffee and fresh paper being printed from their machines. He even held back a laugh when he found those energetic journalists flying from the copy machine to their computers, coffee in hand of course.

"Woah, slow down." Calum muttered, watching as the poor journalist scattered towards the printer after nearly bumping into him.

The boy thought they were all overworked and should consider counseling but that thought quickly left his mind once he caught sight of a certain cubicle.

His eyes falling on the only journalists who wasn't scrambling and in his opinion, was far prettier, Delaney.

The brown boy inhaled then released his breath, in hopes to exhale all his nerves, taking the last few steps behind the girl. He bent down a bit to level himself with her.

"Guess who?" Calum covered her eyes with his free hand, one still behind his back as he awaited her answer.

The girl jumped then relaxed when she recognized the voice.

"Superstar?" She smiled, moving her hands from her laptop keyboard.

The boy snorted, a smirk on his face, "No, S'Calum." She began to turn in her seat at the same time Calum removed his warm palm from her face.

Delaney giggled at his stale face and rolled her eyes. "Same person, they both have big heads." She joked, now chuckling and Calum couldn't help but let off one himself.

It was contagious, her laugh, smile, each of those causing Calum to mimick no matter what the situation.

"See, now this is why you ain't getting no more visits." The boy said with an eyebrow raised, making the girl giggle some more before she calmed down and just smiled his way.

"What do I owe this lovely visit?" Delaney questioned in a soft tone, one that resembled honey, if you asked Calum. He smiled and shrugged.

"I was just in the neighborhood and decided to stop by," He paused, bringing a snort from Delaney. But he was telling the truth. That was the time he'd go and pick up Tai for her lunch period. So, he'd usually pass the media room to get to his car but on this specific day, he drove to a flower shop to buy a dozen roses, and drove back to the campus. He continued. "And give my favorite journalist something for her hard work." At the same time the words rolled off his tongue, he had removed his arm from his back and revealed the pink florets.

Delaney looked from the pretty bouquet of flowers to the pretty boy that's holding them. Her mind was having trouble registering all of this.

Meanwhile her spine was tingling, her ears were growing hot, and her stomach felt all fluttery and all together she was all over the place emotionally.

And suddenly she started to understand the song Butterflies by Michael Jackson as she made eye contact with the boy.

"You brought me flowers?"

"I don't like any other journalist so..." He streched the last word of his sentence and this made the girl grin. Delaney reached for the bouquet of flowers and leaned to the pink petals, getting a whiff of the strong earthy scent. She kept that grin on her face as she glanced up at the boy.