10:00

Calum walked into the arena that next day, a few hours early, in hopes to get a bit of practice in before the game.

He headed straight for the locker room, taking off his usual dark jeans and oversized long sleeve, and replaced them for his jersey, team shirt, and basketball shorts.

Passing by the teams medical staff and waving at a few of the other teammates, he made his way to the court.

He furrowed his brows when he noticed his sidekick aka Tai hadn't made it to the arena.

Actually, she'd ask for a ride, since Mike buried himself in his stupid video engineering and relied on Cal to take her to the games and such.

Not like Calum minded though, he genuinely enjoyed being around the brown girl.

The kiwi was also confused because she didn't text him and tell him that she'd be catching a ride from someone else.

And then, he started to panic because he just realized that he hadn't even tried to see where she was. What kind of bestfriend does that?

Calum groaned in frustration for forgetting something so simple as that, and headed back towards the locker rooms, since he left his phone in there.

Just as he reached the bleachers, the entrance doors swung open, causing him to stop in his tracks. In walked Luke and Tai, hand in hand, her giggling at something the boy probably said.

The kiwi boy's eyebrows came together as he crossed his arms over his chest, backing up so they can clearly see each other.

"Well, isn't this a sight." Calum said, raising his brows. He tried to keep calm and not reflect an overprotective brother but seeing her hand in his best friend's was making him a bit hot.

Luke and Tai jumped slightly at the sudden sound of his voice but they soon let off a chuckle. The small girl approached him, a smile on her face as if she doesn't see the blank look on Calum's.

"You scared m--"

"Tai-Ann Clifford, what happened to calling to give me a heads up. I was concerned." Calum interrupted the girl because she wasn't going to act like a few seconds ago she wasn't holding hands with Luke.

Which, speaking of the boy, he scratched the back of his neck in nervousness as he watched from behind Tai.

The smaller girl slowly frowned and glanced back at Luke before answering. "I'm sorry. It's just that Luke came over and I wasn't expecting him to pick me up." A small smile found her lips as she thought back to how she felt when she saw Luke sitting on the hood of his car, a hopeful look on his face.

Calum seemed unfazed by the unexpected Romeo story as he raised a brow at the girl.

"He picked you up alright."

"Calum, please don't play big brother right now."

"How can I not, T? You're only sixteen. Someone has to be the brother when your actual brother isn't present."

"I'm turning seventeen so I'm technically an adult and you're my best friend, not my brother." The girl shot back, rolling her eyes and placing a hand on her hip. Calum sighed and pulled her further away from the blonde boy.

"Tai, you're sixteen. Not seventeen. Luke isn't sixteen, he's an adult. He's almost twenty. You see why I'm concerned, right?" Calum explained, softening his tone because he didn't want to frustrate the girl. But, she needed to understand why it bothered him. He knows Luke. A year and a half tells you a lot about a person.