Chapter 5

Chapter 5:
Ichigo was rudely awoken the next morning as something outside the bedroom crashed against the wall. Jumping up, he accidently fell out of the bed, landing on the floor with a loud bang. Silence fell outside the room and a few moments later Grimmjow threw the door open, making him blush and quickly pull the bed covers down on top of him.
"Uh... hi."
Grimmjow smirked and lent against the door, noting Ichigo's current state. "What happened to you?"
"Nothing. What were you throwing?"
Grimmjow snorted and rolled his eyes. "It wasn't me."
"Who was it then? I thought you lived alone?"
He hesitated and glanced back, presumably at whoever was there. "Doesn't matter." He waved his hand dismissively at them and walked into the bedroom, shutting the door. "I was gunna come wake you up anyway. You told your father you'd be home early so you can get ready for school."
"Yeah I know." Ichigo sighed and scratched his head. "Thanks for waking me I guess."
"Whatever. Just hurry up and get dressed, you need to leave, quickly."
Ichigo raised an eyebrow. "Why? Don't want your 'friend' to see me?"
Grimmjow glanced behind himself at the door. "Yeah, something like that."
With that, he left the room again. Ichigo just sighed and shook his head, dismissing the odd behaviour before standing up to grab his clothes and changed into them. He grabbed the bed sheets and threw them back on the bed, smoothing them over. Glancing at the door, he cautiously approached it and opened it slowly, peeking out.
Looking around, Ichigo didn't see anyone and he sighed in relief before leaving the room, jumping when a high pitched squeal pierced his ears. Before he could react, someone had grabbed him and was dragging him over to the sofa and he was pushed down. He looked up with wide eyes to see a young woman with grey eyes and green curls grinning at him.
"Uhh... Hi?"
She squealed again and Ichigo flinched, almost jumping out of his seat. "Oh my god! Grimmjow finally told you huh? I told him you would be fine with it!"
Ichigo frowned in confusion. "Told me what?"
She grinned wider. "C'mon, you know what I mean. He told you he-"
"Nelliel!"
She stopped and looked behind Ichigo with a pout, presumably aimed at Grimmjow. "What?"
Ichigo glanced behind his shoulder to see Grimmjow glaring at the woman. "Stop talking, now."
"Aww..."
"Nel!"
She raised her hands in defeat. "Ok, ok."
Grimmjow sighed in relief and glanced at Ichigo before jerked his head at the kitchen. "C'mon." Ichigo stood up slowly and looked at the woman he now knew as Nelliel before scooting around her and going into the kitchen. Grimmjow waited until he was out of earshot before walking up to Nel. "What the hell were you going to tell him?"
Nel scoffed and folded her arms, eyeing him sceptically. "You haven't told him have you?"
"No and I don't intent to so keep your mouth shut."
He left before she could respond, going into the kitchen to find Ichigo leaning against the counter. "So who is she?" He asked, jerking his head back at the main room.
"What does it matter?"
Ichigo scowled and pushed away from the counter to stand in front of Grimmjow. "Are you sleeping with her too?"
"Excuse me?"
"Are you sleeping with her?" He repeated, his voice wavering slightly. "Because if you are..." He stopped and turned away, running a hand through his hair. "...I'm done with you."
Grimmjow snorted and folded his arms. "Does it matter if I am?"
Ichigo's eyes narrowed and he growled quietly. "I'm not being one of your toys Grimmjow. If you want to keep this going, I won't share you and I refuse to be used like that."
Grimmjow chuckled and grasped Ichigo's arm, forcing him to turn back and face him again. "She's my sister." Ichigo sighed in relief and grinned before grasping the back of Grimmjow's head and pulling him down into a kiss. "What was that for?"
Ichigo just shrugged and let him go, sliding back down to stand properly. "No reason." After a moment, he cleared his throat. "I should get going then, my dad will start freaking out and calling me soon."
"Yeah, sure." Grimmjow followed Ichigo to the front door and opened it for him. He watched Ichigo head down the corridor with a frown and sighed, heading after him. "Hey."
Ichigo stopped and looked back at him. "Yeah?"
"Come round later, after school."
Ichigo frowned for a moment before shrugging. "Sure, see you then."
He left and Grimmjow watched him go into the elevator before sighing again and going back to his flat, scowling at Nel who was smirking at him. "What?"
She just giggled lightly and playfully slapped his shoulder before leaving, calling over her shoulder. "You got it bad Grimmy, just tell him already."
"Whatever Nel, I aint got nothing to tell him."
"Sure you don't." She paused and looked back at him. "Just tell him already Grimmjow, there's no point in pretending is there? Might as well get it over with. Besides, you never know, he might feel the same."
Grimmjow just snorted and went back into the flat and shut the door as Nel grinned and got in the elevator.
...
...
...
When Ichigo got home, Yuzu was already up and cooking breakfast so he went into the kitchen and grabbed a piece of toast off the table. "Morning."
Karin looked up at him with a small frown. "Where've you been Ichigo?"
Something about the knowing look in her eyes made him feel uneasy. "Just stayed the night at a friend's."
"Which one?"
"One you don't know."
She just shook her head and returned to her food, knowing Ichigo wouldn't tell them any more on the situation.
"Ichigo my darling son, you have returned!"
Ichigo stifled his sigh and turned to look at his father, folding his arms. "Yeah, like I said I would be didn't I?"
Isshin grinned and sat down next to Yuzu, motioning at the seat across form him for Ichigo to take and he didn't speak until he had sat. "You and this girlfriend of yours must be getting serious then if you are spending the night at hers."
"I don't have a girlfriend."
The statement didn't deter his father, in fact, his grin seemed to widen. "So you have a boyfriend?"
Ichigo scowled, a light blush dusting his cheeks. "He's not my boyfriend, he's just a friend."
Isshin just nodded and started eating, Ichigo's reaction not a loss to him. "Of course son."
Ichigo's scowl deepened at Isshin's smile and scoffed, standing up. "I'm going to shower." Once he'd finished and changed into clean clothes for the day, Ichigo grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. Going downstairs, he opened the front door and called back into the house to his father. "I'm going to school now, see you later!"
Closing the door as Isshin shouted a reply he didn't hear, Ichigo sighed heavily and rubbed the back of his neck as he headed down the path, not noticing he was being followed. "Hey Ichigo!"
He jumped slightly and turned to see it was Renji and Rukia and he stopped, waiting for them to catch up with him. "Yeah?"
Renji was the one who spoke first, slapping Ichigo around the shoulders with a smirk. "So Ichigo, what you been up to recently?"
He frowned in confusion as they started walking again. "What do you mean? I've been doing the same things I've always been doing, nothing's changed."
Rukia snorted in disbelief. "Don't bullshit us Ichigo; we know you've been seeing someone."
Ichigo paused for a moment, before he shook it off. "No-one." Rukia scowled and quickly slapped his ass, grinned when he yelped and covered it before turning to glare at her. "What the hell was that for?!"
"Your ass wouldn't be sensitive if you weren't having sex would it?"
Renji sighed and folded his arm, muttering to himself. "I was trying to put it gently..."
"Shh Renji. So who is he Ichigo?"
Ichigo sighed and looked at them both, who were looking at him expectantly. "There is no-one, now stop asking. Why does everyone think I have a damn boyfriend at the minute? Because I sure as hell don't."
"But..."
Ichigo sighed heavily and rubbed the back of his neck, thinking of how much he should say. "I'm... sleeping with someone... but we're not together."
Renji frowned in confusion. "So you're sex buddies?"
Ichigo snorted and smiled wryly. "Yeah... I suppose we are."
Rukia eyed him suspicious, but didn't further the subject and they didn't talk until they got to school. In the classroom, Renji lent closer to Ichigo as they sat down and he looked at his friend with a frown.
"Yes?"
Renji lent closer and Ichigo lent in, wondering what he wanted. "Is the sex good?"
Ichigo scoffed and hit him around the head with his book. "Like hell I'm answering such a stupid question."
...
...
...
After school, Rukia and Renji stood outside the building, watching as Ichigo hurried out and down the path, to busy absorbed in his own thoughts to notice them both start following him. They followed him for about half an hour, to a block of expensive flats and waited a few moments to see him go into the most expensive looking one.
Renji whistled and looked around as they went in a few moments later. "Jeeze this place is expensive, why would Ichigo come here?"
"Isn't it obvious?" Rukia glanced at the elevator, noting it had stopped at the top floor. She glanced back at Renji who was looking at her with a confused frown. "Ichigo's gone to see whoever he's been sleeping with."
She pressed the button and they waited a few moments for it to come back down and they went in and she pressed the button for the top floor. "How do you know which floor?"
"Just because you're unobservant Renji, doesn't mean I am too." When the elevator stopped, they both stepped out and froze at the sight they saw.
In front of them, currently aware of their presence, Ichigo had his arms wrapped around another man's neck as they kissed. Said man, to their surprise and complete confusion, was Grimmjow. When they broke apart, Rukia grabbed Renji's arm and pulled him around the corner so they wouldn't be noticed.
"So you came then?" Grimmjow asked Ichigo with a smirk.
Ichigo smiled and pulled him down into another kiss. "Of course, I said I would, didn't I?"
"Wanna come in then?"
"Sure."
Renji and Rukia watched as Grimmjow pulled Ichigo into the flat. Once the door closed, they both stood in silence for a few minutes, too shocked to speak. Walking up to the door, Rukia glanced at Renji who was looking at the door with a frown. "What do you think?"
"I think this is bat-shit crazy. Ichigo and Jaeggerjaques? What the actual hell?!"
"I don't know Renji; it makes no sense to me either." Rukia jerked her thumb at the door. "Think we should knock and find out just what the hell is going on then?"
"I think we should knock and get this over with."
Rukia nodded and sighed heavily before stepping forward to knock on the door.