Chapter 15

Chapter 15:
Ichigo wasn't wrong, when they got to school on Monday morning, they received a few strange looks as they walked in together. Grimmjow glanced around and frowned. "Jeeze you weren't kidding were you."
"Nope." Ichigo paused at his locker and opened it to throw in his books for later lessons, save his shoulder the strain. Closing the locker he looked at Grimmjow and grinned. "Wanna really freak them out?"
Grimmjow raised an eyebrow and glanced around again, noting several people had followed them inside. "How so?"
"Simple." Ichigo turned to lean against the locker and look at him expectantly. "Kiss me."
"Really? I thought you wanted to keep this quiet?"
He sighed and looked down. "I'm tired of lying, besides, they're gunna find out soon enough. Why not make it on our terms?"
Grimmjow thought about it for a moment before grinning and placing his hands on either side of Ichigo's head and lent closer. "Whatever happens next, its your fault."
"I can live with that."
Ichigo lifted his head as Grimmjow bent down and pressed their lips together firmly for a moment before stepping back. He grinned at Ichigo and winked. "See you later Ichigo, don't wanna be late for class do we?"
"No, definitely not. See you later."
He watched Grimmjow leave and grinned before picking up his bag and making his way to class. As he passed the people in the hallway who'd followed them in, he had to suppress his laughter at the look of sheer surprise on their faces. Even he could admit the idea of him and Grimmjow seemed ridiculous, seeing it must be even harder to comprehend.
Slipping into the classroom, he made his way to his usual seat, sitting down as the bell rand and flashed Renji a grin. He rolled his eyes, mouthing 'where were you?' and Ichigo shook his head before turning to pull his book out of his bag to write notes.
After class they headed upstairs to meet up with everyone and Renji frowned as they past people, who were looking at Ichigo strangely and whispering. "Uh, Ichigo?"
"Yeah?"
"Have you done something recently? Everyone's giving you a weird look."
Ichigo looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Maybe they're looking at you."
"Nah. I've been keeping a low down recently. Dad will kill me if I get into trouble and ship me off to a private school. No more of that 'public riffraff'."
"I assume you're talking about me and everyone else?"
"Yup." Renji grinned and him as Ichigo shook his head. "So, what you do?"
"Kissed Grimmjow."
"Mmm, that's nice. What's that got to do with why everyone's looking at you?" His eyes widened in realisation. "You didn't."
"Yup."
"Seriously?"
"Yup."
He frowned in confusion and Ichigo could practically see his mind trying to figure it out. "Why? I thought you two were y'know..." He waved his hand, looking slightly uncomfortable.
"Fuck buddies?"
"Uh, yeah."
Ichigo sighed and shook his head. "No, we're actually together."
"As in, a relationship?"
He rolled his eyes and smiled amusedly as they reached the top of the stairs and opened the door. "Yeah Renji, that's what together means doesn't it?"
"Well yeah, but... Grimmjow? Really?"
"What about Grimmjow?"
Uryu looked at them both questioningly as they sat down and Ichigo shrugged, taking a bite of his sandwich before replying. "Renji can't wrap his head around me and Grimmjow."
"What, that you hate each other? I thought everyone knew that."
Renji snorted and looked at Ichigo who nodded, continuing to eat. "They're dating."
Uryu spat out his drink and his eyes widened comically as Rukia started laughing hysterically. "Dating?! You and Grimmjow Jaeggerjaques?!"
"That's what he said didn't he?"
Rukia rolled her eyes and slapped him on the back as he started coughing. "Haven't you heard yet? They were kissing earlier in school, everyone knows now. You're probably the last to hear."
"Lucky me." Uryu pushed his glasses back up his nose and looked at Ichigo curiously. "So?"
"So what?"
"How long have you been 'dating'?" He took another tentative sip of his drink.
"Officially? About three days I think, or maybe four. Since last Friday anyway. How long have we been sleeping together? Gotta be over three months nearly four now." Ichigo ducked as another fountain of juice came his way. "Jeeze Uryu, it aint that surprising."
"Isn't it? Last I heard you hated each other and were always fighting. Now you're dating and you've slept with him. I think that classes as surprising." He frowned and put his drink down, deciding it wasn't a good idea to try again. "What about Orihime?"
"What about her?"
"She likes you."
"That's nice, I like her too." Uryu gave him a dirty look as Renji laughed and shook his head whilst Rukia sighed heavily. "What?"
"He meant as in she has a crush on you doofus. Bet she wouldn't mind trading places with Grimmjow."
Renji held up a hand, waiting until he calmed down to speak. "Actually, I think it'd be hard for her to full Grimmjow's shoes. Especially in the bedroom, don't you think Ichigo?"
Ichigo's face turned red and he punched Renji's arm roughly. "Shut up! Who told you I bottomed?! For all you know I top."
"But you don't."
Throwing the remains of his sandwich at Renji, Ichigo turned to look at Rukia and Uryu. "You serious about Orihime?"
"Of course, she's liked you since kindergarten idiot. I can't believe you've never noticed."
"Well his radar doesn't exactly point to women does it." Rukia shrugged, flashing Ichigo a smirk when he groaned. "Ah well, she'll know by now about you two. Probably why she isn't up here with us."
"Fuck, what the hell am I supposed to say to her? Sorry Orihime I just happen to like guys so I can't love you?"
"Something like that, but more subtle." Rukia glanced behind Ichigo and sighed. "Better think of something quick."
"Why?"
"Duck."
He ducked on warning, feeling the air above his head shift and ruffle his hair. Before he could react he was hauled to his feet and came face to face to a murderous Tatsuki.
"Uhh... hi?" She slapped him across the face with enough force to make his head snap to the side. "Nice to see you too."
"What the hell are you playing at?!"
Ichigo frowned and stepped away slowly. "Well I was eating lunch." He ducked again as she threw a punch. "What are you doing?"
"You broke her heart!"
His eyes widened in understanding and he rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Oh."
"That's all you have to say? Oh? She's crying her eyes out downstairs and that's it from you?!"
"Look I didn't know she liked me. It isn't my fault, I can't help who I love."
"Love?" Tatsuki snorted and folded her arms, eyeing him sceptically and Ichigo sighed in relief when she stopped attacking him. "You think it's love with him? That's messed up Ichigo."
"Yeah I know. Doesn't change anything though. Grimmjow's an ass, an idiot, a complete pain in the ass and sometimes I can't stand to be around him. But I still love him."
"But does he love you?"
"Yes." Ichigo nodded to solidify the fact. "I know he does. Look I'm sorry about Orihime, really I am. If I liked girls she'd be perfect for me." He paused and sighed, looking away. "But I don't, I like Grimmjow." He murmured quietly. "I know things would be easier if I loved her but I can't change that now, sorry."
"You've fucked things up royally, you know that right?" Tatsuki grinned and him and Ichigo smiled back, knowing she was fine now.
"Yeah I know. When don't I?"
"Never." She turned to leave but Ichigo grabbed her arm.
"Tell Orihime I really am sorry."
"I will." She pulled her arm free and left, turning back to grin at him before disappearing and Ichigo groaned, sitting down again.
"I hate my life sometimes."
"C'mon it aint that bad. You just found out one of your friends love you and have broken her heart. You're dating an asshole and the whole school now knows. How bad could it be?" Rukia grinned when Ichigo groaned again.
"I hate you."
"Seriously though, what's so special about Grimmjow?" She lent forward enticingly, obviously interested in what Ichigo had to say. "Is the sex really that good that it makes you forget you're supposed to hate him?"
"No of course not!" Ichigo sighed and shook his head. "Yes, the sex is good, doesn't mean that's all there is to us."
Uryu wrinkled his nose. "As nice as it is to know about your sex life, I'm also intrigued by this. Why Grimmjow?"
"I dunno." Ichigo shrugged and pulled at his bag before sighing heavily. "It wasn't love at first sight..."
"Or fuck."
"Thank you Renji." Ichigo shot him a look, making him shut up instantly so he could continue. "I guess he grew on me, the more time we spent together, the more I realised he was ok, and it kinda just developed." Ichigo paused and frowned. "If I'd known this would happen, I don't think I would've let it..."
"So you're saying, if you had a choice you wouldn't choose to love him?"
Ichigo looked at Uryu in surprise before slowly shaking his head. "I don't know." The bell rang at that moment, saving him from anymore discussing as they packed up and headed back inside for afternoon lessons. Ichigo frowned at his book, Uryu's question still burning in his mind.
Would I, if I had a choice? Would I choose to love him? Our relationship has only brought problems since day one. How could I choose to love him, life would be easier if I didn't. But I do, so I can't change that. But if I could...
"Ichigo?"
I can I even think that, I love him. How could I possibly want to change that? Maybe I don't love him as much as I thought I did.
"Ichigo!"
He jumped when Renji shook his shoulder and looked at him with a frown. "What?"
"School's over, you ok?"
Ichigo sighed and stood up, waving off his concerned look. "I'm fine, just thinking."
"About?"
"What do you think?"
"Grimmjow."
"Exactly." As they walked down the corridor, Ichigo caught sight of Grimmjow waiting for him next to his locker and sighed. "I'll see you tomorrow."
Renji, who also noticed him nodded and cast Ichigo a worried look. "See you then." He murmured, walking away to leave Ichigo to slowly make his way over to Grimmjow.
"Hey, you ok?" Grimmjow frowned at Ichigo's drawn expression and pushed away from the lockers to grasp his arm gently. "Ichigo?"
Ichigo looked up at him slowly before smiling. "I love you."
He frowned in confusion, never getting to ask what was wrong as Ichigo dropped his bag and wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling him down into a kiss. He pulled away gently, frowning at Ichigo.
"What was that for?"
"Nothing." Ichigo smiled softly and grabbed his bag before glancing around and taking his hand, pulling him further into the school. "Come on."
"Where are we going?"
"Somewhere private."
"Why?" Ichigo turned to give him a look and he snorted. "Oh."
...
"So you gunna tell me why I was dragged into this cupboard for you to jump me?" Grimmjow asked, redoing his belt whilst looking at Ichigo expectantly who was currently buttoning his shirt up again.
Ichigo sighed and looked down at his hands. "I thought that if I had a choice, I would choose not to love you. For none of this to have happened."
Grimmjow stiffened, looking at Ichigo in surprise, both surprised by the statement and how much it hurt to hear him say it. "Oh." Clearing his throat, Grimmjow stepped out of the cupboard to pull his shirt on, suddenly feeling claustrophobic in the confined space with Ichigo.
"No, Grimmjow you don't understand." Ichigo grabbed his arm, forcing him to turn around and face him. "That's what I thought. Then I saw you waiting for me, it made me realise that I wouldn't change anything." He touched Grimmjow's chest and smiled softly when he felt his heartbeat under his fingertips. "I love you and I would never change that, ever."
"Ichigo..." Grimmjow paused and shook his head before catching Ichigo's hand and kissing his fingers. "Don't say shit like that again."
"Like what?"
"That you would choose not to love me if you had a choice. I don't want to force you into anything understand. If you feel like that, you gotta tell me."
Ichigo smiled reassuringly and kissed him. "I don't, trust me. It was a moment of doubt after talking with my friends, nothing else. I don't feel like that. I won't ever want to change what's happened between us."
"Good." Grimmjow finished his shirt and threw his blazer on before holding out his hand for Ichigo to take. "Ready to go home?"
Ichigo grinned and nodded, placing his hand in Grimmjow's. "Let's go home."