Chapter 17

Chapter 17:
It had been a week since Grimmjow had told Ichigo he would have to go back to Germany and he hadn't been forced to leave yet. Something he was grateful for and definitely wasn't looking forward to the day he had to leave. What he didn't realise was, that day was fast closing in.
"Ichigo! Wake up and get up before you're late for school!" Isshin opened his sons door with a bang, pausing when he saw he wasn't alone in bed. "And Grimmjow!"
Grimmjow muttered something unintelligible, something Ichigo assumed was an insult, and pressed his head to Ichigo's back with a heavy sigh. After the first few days of Isshin always finding them together in the morning, either on the sofa or in Ichigo's room, he gave up trying to keep them separated.
Ichigo sat up and stretched before looking at his father. "What time is it?"
"Half seven, don't be late!"
Isshin left the room and Ichigo groaned, curling up next to Grimmjow again. "We don't have to get up for at least another half hour."
Grimmjow sighed, running his fingers down Ichigo's spine and grinned when the orange head shivered. "Yeah, stay in bed with me then. That sounds like a better use of time than getting ready."
"Mad dash to get ready to leave then?"
"Yup."
Ichigo grinned, resting on one elbow to lean closer to kiss him. "Mmm, I'd much rather stay in bed all day."
"Me too." Grimmjow wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him onto his stomach. "But we've got school."
"Screw school."
He snorted, tapping Ichigo's nose with a grin. "Well, well. I think I'm a bad influence on you, you're becoming a delinquent."
Ichigo pouted, leaning closer to kiss him again. "I've always been a delinquent. How many times have we been busted for fighting?"
"Yeah, but the last time wasn't for fighting, was it?"
Ichigo blushed and ducked his head, remembering when they were caught doing some real heavy making out in a spare classroom during lunch break. "That was your fucking fault, you dragged me into that room."
"I couldn't help it." Grimmjow said, all too innocently to be believed. "You looked too damn sexy."
Ichigo looking at him amusedly. "Really? What in particular about me in my uniform was sexy? I look the same every day."
"I dunno, but whatever it was, I couldn't help myself." Grimmjow lifted Ichigo's chin slightly and smiled softly at him. "I can't help myself around you."
Ichigo grinned, running his hand down Grimmjow's chest to rest on his stomach. "You make me sound like I'm some sort of drug."
"You are a drug." Grimmjow stated it simply, grinning at Ichigo. "You're my drug and I'm addicted for life."
Cupping Ichigo's face, he kissed him again and Ichigo groaned, pressing their bodies closer together. When Grimmjow felt something hard press against his stomach, he grinned and pulled away to see Ichigo's face was flushed.
"We've gotta get ready for school." He slid Ichigo off him and stood up to stretch. He walked to the door, turning to see Ichigo watching him with a confused frown. "What's wrong?"
Ichigo looked down and pulled on the sheets. "You turn me on, then leave me?"
"I'm going to have a shower, you can join me you know."
Ichigo looked up at him and grinned, off the bed in a heartbeat to go to Grimmjow's side. "That is an offer I can't refuse."
Grimmjow smiled, slinging an arm around Ichigo's shoulders before leading him out of the room. "Like I said, can't help myself and neither can you."
Ichigo looked up at him and snorted. "We make a right pair don't we."
"Yeah, but I wouldn't have it any other way."
...
They got to school in time for the first bell, barely. Ichigo said goodbye to Grimmjow, giving him a quick kiss before running off to his class. As he opened the door, the second bell rang and he sighed in relief, slipping to the back to sink into his seat, ignoring Renji's smirk.
After the teacher had started the lesson, turning her back on them, Renji lent across the table to whisper to him. "Hey Ichigo."
"What?"
"You were late." He grinned and made an obscene gesture with his hands. "You and Grimmjow huh?"
"Shut up!" Ichigo whispered back furiously, a blush spreading across his cheeks. "We didn't have sex you idiot!" He was being truthful, they almost did, but the thought of his dad walking in on them having sex in the shower was too much to bear.
"So what did you do? You're blushing so something obviously happened."
"None of your damn business." Ichigo returned to sitting upright in his seat, ignoring the way Renji grinned knowingly at him and attempted to focus on the lesson.
...
When the school day was finally over, Ichigo sighed in relief as the final bell rang. He gave Renji a warning look as he caught up with him outside the classroom and opened his mouth to speak, stopping when he saw Ichigo's expression.
"What?"
"If your sentence involves the word 'Grimmjow', I will kill you."
"Why? Getting tired of him already?"
Ichigo snorted, stepping to the side as a group of girls ran past them giggling. "No I'm tired of youtalking about him. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you have a crush on him."
Renji just grinned amusedly at I'm. "Yeah right, definitely not my type. Besides, in case you've forgotten, me and Rukia are still going solid."
"Amazingly." Ichigo shook his head in disbelief. "How long's it been? Two years now aint it?"
"More or less, I'll know when she gets pissy about me forgetting our anniversary again." Renji shrugged, seemingly unbothered by that fact. "What about you two then? How the hell is that even working?"
"No idea, I don't dwell on it much." Ichigo sighed, shaking his head. "Somehow it works and I'm fine with that. I don't particularly need to know until it doesn't work anymore."
"Uh, Ichigo?"
"Yeah?"
"Don't punch me or anything for saying this. But Grimmjow looks pissed off."
Ichigo frowned and looked in the direction Renji pointed to see Grimmjow was outside waiting and did in fact, look severely pissed off. "Why would I punch you?"
"For saying his name."
He rolled his eyes and sighed heavily. "See you later Renji, I better go find out what's wrong."
"Good luck!"
He left Renji at the school doors, going down slowly to Grimmjow, stopped when he reached him. "So what's up? You look like you're gunna kill someone."
Grimmjow looked down at him, some of the anger leaving his expression and he sighed heavily. "My parents un-enrolled me from school."
Ichigo opened his mouth to say something, but couldn't come up with anything so sighed, nudging Grimmjow's arm. "C'mon, let's go home." When Grimmjow didn't move, he frowned and pulled on his arm. "Grimmjow?" The man blinked and looked down at him with an unreadable expression. "What?"
"I think I'm gunna have to go." Ichigo stiffened and gripped his arm tightly. "Hey, c'mon we both knew it was gunna happen eventually." He sighed, rubbing Ichigo's arm. "Let's go then, we can talk at home."
Ichigo nodded wordlessly, following him down the path, not having much of a choice since Grimmjow was still holding his arm. They walked in silence back to the clinic, Grimmjow still holding on to him as they went inside and up to Ichigo's room.
"Grimmjow?"
He turned to look at Ichigo, noting the way he was looking at the ground and his shoulders slumped. "Yeah?"
"Do you really have to go?" Ichigo looked up at him, gripping the front of his shirt tightly. "You don't have to, just stay."
"C'mon Ichi, you know just as well as I do I gotta go. I'm not enrolled at school anymore so what am I going to do? I need my parents to enlist me somewhere. That somewhere's definitely in Germany."
"But-"
Grimmjow pressed a finger to Ichigo's lips to stop him arguing. "Don't make this harder than it is, please." Ichigo nodded and Grimmjow sighed, removing his finger to pull out his phone and call Nelliel. "Hey Nel."
"Grimmjow?" She asked, sounding genuinely surprised. "What is it?"
"Are they still staying with you?"
"If you mean mum and dad, then yeah, why?" She murmured something, presumably to whoever was with her. "They're leaving tomorrow."
Grimmjow sighed and rubbed his forehead, glancing at Ichigo to give him a sad smile. "I'm going back with them."
"Oh... Ok?" She said something again, holding her hand over the mic so Grimmjow couldn't hear. "Yeah, they said they'll pick you up in the morning. Where are you?"
"Ichigo's obviously."
She laughed before replying. "Ok, I'll give them the address, talk to you soon."
"See ya." He ended the call and put the phone on the table before sighing and heavily and turning around to face Ichigo. "That's it. They're picking me up tomorrow and we're going."
Ichigo nodded before moving forward into his arms, wrapping his arms around his waist tightly. "Six months."
"Promise, when I'm eighteen, I'll come back."
"Yeah you better. Or I will come to Germany and find you, just to kick your ass."
Grimmjow chuckled, running his hand through Ichigo's hair. "Good luck with that, Germany's a big place."
"I'll find a way."
"Don't stress Ichigo, I'll come back." He lent down, kissing Ichigo firmly, tightening his grip on his lithe frame. "Now c'mon, stop thinking about it. I wanna spend tonight with you and enjoy it, not spend it worrying. Ok?"
"Mmm, ok." Ichigo smiled, standing on his tiptoes to kiss him again. "I think I can agree with that."
"Good." Grimmjow grinned when Ichigo's fingers threading in his hair and raised an eyebrow at him. "So what you wanna do?"
Ichigo grinned back and rolled his eyes. "I think you already know the answer to that."
"And your dad?"
Ichigo grinned slyly and moved out of his arms to go to the door and poked his head out for a moment. With a satisfied nod he shut the door again and locked it before turning to look at Grimmjow.
"Hey, I don't see a problem as long as we're quiet. I doubt he'd notice. He's got his hands full with the clinic." Pushing away from the door, he pulled Grimmjow onto the bed and grinned. "Besides I want to enjoy what time we have left. He'll understand."
"Hey, your funeral if he finds out."
"And yours."
Grimmjow rolled his eyes before starting to unbutton Ichigo's shirt. "Maybe that's the way to keep me here huh?"
"Sounds like a plan to me." Ichigo sat up and pulled his shirt off before pausing and looking at Grimmjow with a frown. "What?"
"You gunna let me top now?"
Grimmjow snorted and pushed him back on the bed, kissing him forcefully. "No."
Ichigo sighed dramatically. "Worth a shot. You're such a wimp."
"Hey, I'm not. Just because I won't let you fuck me don't make me a wimp."
"Whatever you say." Ichigo grinned at Grimmjow's frown and kissed him again. "Stop frowning and have sex with me already."
Grimmjow's frown disappeared and he grinned again. "Sounds good to me."
...
"Karin!" Yuzu called her name as she set plates on the table, smiling when she came in.
"Yeah?"
"Can you go get Ichi-nii and Grimmjow, dinner's ready."
"Sure." Karin sighed and headed upstairs to Ichigo's room. She went to open the door, frowning when discovering it was locked. She knocked on the door, raising an eyebrow when she heard something go with a loud thud in the room. "Whatever you two are doing you better stop. Dinner's ready and Yuzu wants you downstairs."
She waited a moment and the door was unlocked, Ichigo half opening the door to look at her. "Sorry, what did you say?"
Karin appraised his flushed face and half naked form. "Dinner's ready. Next time you two decide to do it, try to pick a better time. And try to remember which trousers are yours."
She eyed the garment which was obviously too big for Ichigo for a moment before leaving with a smirk as Ichigo's mouth opened in shock and he spluttered something in denial, his face going red. "Yeah, we'll be down in a minute!" He called, slamming the door shut and groaning.
"So what did she want?"
He looked up to see Grimmjow hadn't moved an inch from the bed and rolled his eyes before going to sit next to him. "Dinner's ready, so get up and get changed."
"Aww c'mon, five more minutes." Grabbing Ichigo's arm, he pulled the teen back onto the bed and kissed him again, swiftly removing his trousers.
Ichigo pushed him away and shook his head. "Really? We just had sex and you wanna go again?"
He shrugged and smirked at Ichigo. "I can't help it and besides, I'm making up for lost time."
"Mmm." Ichigo kissed him again before standing up, careful to put on his own clothes this time. "C'mon, I'm hungry, we can have sex later."
"Really?" Grimmjow grinned and got changed, pulling Ichigo into his arms to kiss him again. "You're actually agreeing to that?"
"Yeah, I am." Ichigo rolled his eyes and smiled. "Now c'mon before Yuzu gets impatient or Karin says something."
"Gotcha." He followed Ichigo downstairs and sat down next to him, shooting Karin a smile when she snorted and looked at him knowingly. Ichigo blushed heavily when seeing the exchange, kicking Grimmjow under the table and giving him a warning look.
Thankfully for him, the rest of dinner went without being kicked, something he was grateful for since Ichigo had a mean right foot. Unfortunately though, both him and Ichigo got roped into helping Isshin clean the clinic up.
By the time they were through, he was too exhausted to even think about sex, and by the looks of Ichigo he was too when he fell on the bed and fell asleep instantly. Grimmjow sighed and crawled in next to him, throwing the covers over them both before falling asleep as well.
The next morning, he was rudely awoken when Ichigo punched his chest roughly, making him fall off the bed. "What the hell was that for?!" Grimmjow yelled, glaring at him from the floor.
Ichigo huffed and folded his arms, refusing to look at him. "For letting me fall asleep, then doing it yourself!"
"What?" He asked, bewildered by his strange behaviour. "You were completely out of it and I was exhausted. Why the hell would I have woken you up?!"
"Because I wanted to stay awake with you!" Ichigo yelled back, finally looking at him and Grimmjow could see his eyes were shining with tears. "I didn't want to fall asleep so early." He whispered, looking down at the covers and fisting them in his hands. "Because you're going to leave, and we slept through what few hours we had left."
Grimmjow sighed and picked himself up off the floor and slid in the bed next to Ichigo, pulling him onto his lap. "C'mon, we still have a few hours. I doubt they'll be here this early." Grabbing his phone from the side, he saw he had a text from Nel. "There you go, they're coming at eleven and it's only seven, that's four hours still."
Ichigo nodded into his shoulder, trailing his fingers over Grimmjow's back with a sigh. "Please don't go."
"We've been through this Ichi..."
"But-"
Grimmjow cupped his face and kissed him before he could protest further. "Stop. You have no idea how much it's killing me to leave. I have to, please don't make it any harder."
Ichigo nodded, kissing him again and pressing their bodies as close as possible together. "Grimm I need you to do something for me."
"Yeah?"
"Make love to me, please."
"That all? I can do that any time fore you." Grimmjow smiled when Ichigo punched his arm gently. "Yeah, I can do that."
He did as asked, taking his time and making it last as long as possible since they would be able to do this again for several months. But it wasn't only for Ichigo, as much as he needed it, Grimmjow needed it to. Ichigo refused to let go of him, even afterwards and Grimmjow chuckled, kissing him again.
"C'mon Ichigo let go, I need to lie down."
Ichigo let him lie down before moving to curl up on his chest and look at him sadly. "I love you."
"I love you too."
Ichigo smiled, satisfied for the moment and laid down, lapsing into silence for a while. Grimmjow glanced at his watch and groaned when he saw it was ten, slowly sliding Ichigo off him, rousing the half asleep man in the process.
"What's going on?" He mumbled, watching in confusion as Grimmjow changed and grabbed his bag to start throwing things into it.
"I've gotta pack."
"Oh."
Grimmjow paused and turned to look at him, seeing he was watching him quietly through sad eyes again. He opened his mouth to say something, but unable to find the words he sighed heavily and returned to packing. Neither of them spoke until Grimmjow was done, when he turned back to see Ichigo hadn't moved at all and frowned.
He walked over to Ichigo and crouched in front on him, smiling softly when his tears spilled over onto his cheeks and brushed one away. "Six months, then I'll be back and I promise, I'll never leave you again."
Ichigo shook his head and closed his eyes, refusing to answer. Grimmjow frowned, slowly stroking his cheek before finally coming up with a solution. Even to himself it sounded absolutely crazy, but it was crazy enough that it might just work.
"Marry me."
Ichigo's eyes snapped open at the words and he stared at Grimmjow with a mixture of shock and confusion, sitting up quickly. "W-what?"
Grimmjow sighed and looked at him imploringly, leaning across the bed. "Marry me Ichigo. If that's what it takes to make you believe I'll come back then yeah, I'll propose to you. I don't want you moping about because I'm gone. At least this can give you reassurance I will come back. I know we're only seventeen but that doesn't change how I feel about you. I'm in love with you Ichigo, and I want to marry you."
Ichigo looked at him with an unreadable expression, pulling the bed covers up to his chin. For a moment, when he didn't reply, Grimmjow honestly believed Ichigo would say no. He sighed in relief when Ichigo grinned and launched himself at him, making both of them tumbling to the floor.
Ichigo cupped his face, kissing him earnestly, his grin almost threatening to split his face in two. Grimmjow chuckled and pulled away to wipe his other cheek of tears and raised an eyebrow. "So is that a yes?"
Ichigo nodded and kissed him again. "Of course it's a yes."
"Good, you had me worried there for a minute." Grimmjow sighed and ran his fingers over Ichigo's hand. "You're gunna have to wait for a ring until I get back thought."
"I can live with that. It's the gesture that counts." Ichigo played with edge of his collar, his smile never wavering. "I love you."
"I love you too Ichi. Now c'mon, let me get up, my butt's going numb here."
Ichigo stood up, wrapping his arms around Grimmjow's neck and kissing him again when he got up. Grimmjow smiled against his mouth, leading him back onto the bed before glancing at his watch. "Forty minutes, think that's enough time?"
Ichigo nodded, biting his lip to try and contain his grin. "Yeah, I think so."
...
Grimmjow groaned when his phone rang, casting Ichigo an apologetic look before grabbing it. "Hello?" He almost yelled out when Ichigo flipped their positions, grinning when Ichigo took over.
"Grimmjow?"
"Uh, hey Nel." He had to bit his lip to stop himself moaning down the phone when Ichigo started nibbling his neck, somewhere he knew Grimmjow was sensitive. "What's up?"
"We're outside, you ready to go?"
"Uh no, not yet. Give me another ten minutes." Ichigo grinned at him, leaning down to kiss him hard enough that Nel's next words were almost a miss on him.
"You better hurry, I don't think they'll wait much longer."
"Got it, see you soon." Ending the call, he threw the phone across the room and grabbed Ichigo's hips, flipping their positions again. "You fucking bastard."
Ichigo smiled coyly. "What? You were enjoying it."
"Mmm." Grimmjow kissed him again. "We got ten minutes."
"Gotcha."
...
Ichigo grinned as Grimmjow cursed, undoing his buttons when finding they were done up wrong. "Calm down, we were only an extra fifteen minutes."
"Yeah I know, but I said ten." Finishing the shirt, he threw a jacket on and kissed Ichigo, his lips lingering over Ichigo's. "I'll see you soon."
Ichigo sighed, grabbing his shirt to pull him into another kiss. "Don't you dare keep me waiting more than six months."
"I won't, I promise." He kissed Ichigo one last time before grabbing his bag, turning to smile at him. "See you soon."
"Yeah."
Ichigo watched him leave the room and his smile faltered. Sighing heavily, he lent out the window, waving when Grimmjow turned to wave at him and watched the car leave the street. He curled up in his bed and closed his eyes, deciding he wasn't going in to school today, hell he was already three hours late so what was the point.
"Six months..."