Chapter 12

Chapter 12:
Grimmjow grinned and lent down to kiss Ichigo quickly. "Great, we better hurry. Each minute we're late is another year they'll hate you."
Ichigo rolled his eyes, but smiled anyway. "Thanks for the reassurance."
"Oh I am reassuring you. They definitely won't like you, ever."
Ichigo just smiled and pushed Grimmjow away with a sigh. "Never try to reassure me. You're shit at it."
"Why thank you."
Shaking his head, Ichigo left Grimmjow to himself and went back into the dining room to find only his father remained, the twins gone off. "Dad?"
"Yes Ichigo?" He looked up inquiringly at Ichigo, who shifted nervously in front of him. "What's wrong?"
"I'm uh, going to Grimmjow's." He hesitated and glanced at Isshin. "You ok with that?"
Isshin smiled softly. "Of course, have fun."
Ichigo eyebrows rose in surprise when he didn't make a big fuss and stood staring at him for a moment before clearing his throat and nodding. "Thanks, I guess I'll see you later then."
"Call if you're going to stay the night with him."
"Sure."
Ichigo smiled fleetingly before escaping and Isshin sighed, leaning back in his chair with a thoughtful frown. Grimmjow had changed Ichigo, he'd seen it in the past few weeks, Ichigo had, to some degree, calmed. His energy being channeled in another way other than fighting, something Isshin was grateful for.
Ichigo frowned to himself as he wandered back to the kitchen, trying and failing to understand his fathers odd behaviour. Shaking his head, he smiled at Grimmjow when he entered the kitchen. "He's fine with it."
"Great, ready to go then?"
Ichigo nodded, letting Grimmjow grab his hand before leading him back into the hallway and out to the front door. "Wait a sec."
Grimmjow paused and glanced at him with a confused frown. "What?"
"C'mere." Still frowning, he lent closer as asked and Ichigo smiled softly before kissing him gently. "Promise you won't let your parents come between us."
Grimmjow snorted softly and rolled his eyes. "I should be asking you that."
"So will you?"
He smiled and kissed Ichigo again. "Promise."
"Good."
Ichigo smiled and stepped away from Grimmjow so he could grab his coat and shoes. Sighing heavily, he opened the door, closing it behind them before rubbing his arms when the cold seeped through his coat.
"Damn, it's cold." Grimmjow glanced at him, noting him shiver and sighed, wrapping an arm around his waist to pull him against his side. Ichigo stiffened slightly and glanced up at him with a frown. "What are you doing?"
"Keeping you warm dumbass. Don't complain, you were whining about the cold weren't you?"
Ichigo scowled at Grimmjow before blowing out a breath, leaning into him gratefully. "Thanks."
They walked in a comfortable silence back to Grimmjow's, something Ichigo was grateful for so he could prepare himself for the onslaught he was sure he was about to receive. Grimmjow glanced down to see Ichigo chewing his lip and nudged his shoulder.
"C'mon, it won't be as bad as you think."
"Oh really?" Ichigo looked up at him with a wry smile. "So they won't tear me to shreds and wish we never met?"
Grimmjow just grinned before leaning down to kiss him. "Ok, it's as bad as you think."
"Thanks."
Grimmjow chuckled at Ichigo's flat answer and dropped his arm from his waist to take his hand and lead him into the building and up to his apartment. Pausing outside the door, he glanced at Ichigo one last time.
"You sure you're ok with this? You can always go now, they'll never know."
Ichigo's eyes flashed in defiance. "You think I'm going to run away?"
"Of course not, I was just making a mere suggestion in the hopes I could save you from this misery."
He scoffed, a hint of a smile pulling at his lips. "Whatever. Let's get this over with already."
"Your funeral." Grimmjow kissed him before he could respond and opened the door, pulling him inside. "Hello?"
"Grimmjow is that you?" A female voice called down the corridor and he sighed, rolling his eyes at Ichigo.
"Who else would it be mother." Ichigo sighed heavily, smiling at Grimmjow gratefully when he squeezed his hand reassuringly. "You'll be fine."
"Mmm."
Ichigo heard the woman walk down the hallway and shook his head. When she came into the room however, his eyes widened in surprise at just how beautiful she was. It was obvious Grimmjow got his looks from her, although his blue hair must have come from his Father, since his Mother's was blonde. Her blue eyes fixed on him and Ichigo almost flinced at the icy look, finding himself looking away almost immediately.
"Who's this?" She asked, looking down to see their entwined hands. "Ah, I see."
Grimmjow frowned, looking at her defiently. "It's not like that, we've been together for a few months now."
Ichigo looked up at him with a frown, shutting his mouth when Grimmjow tugged his hand and shook his head slightly. Ichigo sighed, if Grimmjow wanted to tell them they'd been together from the beginning, then whatever.
She looked at them both suspiciously, her eyes narrowing slightly before she turned to walk back down the hallway. "Grimmshaw, come here."
Ichigo glanced up at Grimmjow worriedly and he shook his head again. "It'll be fine Ichi, stop worrying."
"Easy for you to say." He muttered, smiling when Grimmjow snorted and nuzzled his head.
"That went pretty well all things considered."
"Well?"
Grimmjow grinned and lead Ichigo into the kitchen, leaning against the counter before pulling him into his arms. "Yeah, she could've said something to you. No words of dissaproval."
"Yet."
"Yet." He echoed, sighing and shaking his head. "You're being depressive."
"Mmm." Ichigo sighed heavily and rested his head on Grimmjow's chest, listening to his heart beat for a moment. "Grimm?"
"Yeah?"
He lifted his head to look up at Grimmjow. "I'm glad we managed to be like this."
"Like what?"
He looked down, playing with the button on his shirt. "Calm I suppose, happy. No fighting, I'm tired of fighting." Tugging on the shirt, he pulled Grimmjow down and kissed him. "This is much better."
"Yeah?"
"Definitely."
Grimmjow kissed him again, neither of them noticing his parents come back into the room. He chuckled when Ichigo nipped his lip and pressed their bodies together. Grabbing his hands, he kissed the top of one.
"God you have no idea how badly I want you right now."
Ichigo blushed and looked away. "Yeah, I do." He murmered softly, glancing back shyly. "I want you too."
"Grimmjow."
They broke apart quickly when someone said his name sharply, Ichigo assuming it was his father and when looking over Grimmjow's shoulder, he could see that he was right. The man was essientially an older version of Grimmjow, the additions of a few age lines and greying hair. Grimmjow got the best of both from them, resulting in his good looks.
"Hey dad, where's Nel?" Grimmjow asked casually, obviously more comfortable around him than his mother.
"She went out, said she had some business to do and will be back later." He finally seemed to notice Ichigo and observed him carefully through scrutinising eyes. "I take it this is the boy your mother was going on about?"
"He has a name." Grimmjow looked at Ichigo and held out his hand, something he quickly grasped tightly to feel some measure of comfort. "Right Ichigo?"
He nodded tightly, offering his father a small smile. "It's nice to meet you Mr Jaeggerjaques."
"Mmm yes." He looked back at Grimmjow. "We need to talk, now."
"So talk."
"Privately."
His voice left no room for reasoning and Ichigo was surprised at how Grimmjow stood his ground. "Whatever you have to say, you can say in front of Ichigo."
"Now Grimmjow, don't forget who allows you to stay here. That right can easily be taken away if you're not careful." Grimmjow glared at him, dropping his gaze after a few moments. "Now, come on."
His father turned and left the room, presumably to go to wherever his mother was. Once he'd left Grimmjow sighed heavily and glanced at Ichigo with a wry smile. "He likes you."
Ichigo smiled amusedly. "Really? So what would he have done if he didn't?"
He shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "Dunno, probably demanded you leave. I'm not too sure about my mother though, she didn't seem to pleased."
"Yeah."
He nudged Ichigo's shoulder playfully. "Don't worry about it, I've got your back."
"Well that sounds so reassuring."
Grimmjow laughed and kissed him quickly. "Stop worrying. I better go see what they want, be back in a few 'kay?"
"Yeah."
Ichigo sighed and watched him go before sitting down on the sofa and rubbing his head. Whatever he'd been expecting, it hadn't been this. He wasn't sure how to react, how to behave. Any wrong move could destroy any chance he had at making Grimmjow's parents like him. He snorted to himself, at least he had Grimmjow, and maybe Nel, she seemed to like him from what he could tell.
Glancing up when yelling started, he sighed again and looked down at his hands. Obviously his presence caused tension in the family, even to cause an arguement of such magnitute Ichigo could make out words as voices were raised, such as 'wrong' and 'disrespectful'.
"I don't care what you think!" Ichigo's head snapped up when he heard Grimmjow's voice clearly, standing up when the door slammed open. "I'm not leaving him!"
Grimmjow strode back into the room and Ichigo stood up quickly as he spotted him and came over. "Is everything ok?"
He reached out and cradled Ichigo's cheek, sighing heavily and shaking his head. "Guess I was wrong about my dad liking you, he was just that annoyed he couldn't think of something to say to you."
"And your mother?"
He snorted, shaking his head. "Wants me to break up with you, they both do."
Ichigo stiffened, fear clenching his heart. "And will you?"
Grimmjow's face softened and he smiled. "No, of course not. I made you a promise I intend to keep. I won't leave you."
He sighed and relaxed, smiling back. "Thank you."
Grimmjow pulled him closer and rested his head on top of Ichigo's. "I won't leave you." He repeated more firmly, reassuringly. "I won't."
"I know Grimm." He grasped the back of his shirt and smiled. "I believe you."
He felt Grimmjow stiffen and glanced up from his arms to see his parents had followed him back into to the room. "What?" He snapped, turning to strand between them and Ichigo. "I told you I won't do it."
His mother saw Ichigo peeking over Grimmjow's shoulder and frowned. "I think you've been away from home for too long. It's time you came home."
"You can't be serious. I'm in the middle of my school year! I've only got one more after this, do you really think that's a good idea?"
"It's for the best." This time, his father spoke up, looking at his som imploringly. "You need to be with us, at home."
"This is my home, I'm not leaving."
"And where will you go? We won't pay for you to live here anymore."
Grimmjow hesitated, having no answer and Ichigo squeezed his hand, gaining his attention. "You can stay with me."
"Ichigo I can't ask you for that." Grimmjow shook his head but Ichigo smiled reassuringly.
"I don't mind, where else will you go? Besides, my dad won't mind, promise."
Grimmjow looked at him uncertanly for a moment before smiling. "Thank you." Squeezing his hand back, he turned to look at his parents again. "Well there you go, I'll stay with Ichigo."
His mother didn't take that very well and she stepped forward, her eyes blazing in fury. "We are your parents and you dare turn against us? After everything we've done for you? Could you be more ungrateful?"
"I don't care what you think. You're forcing this on me, I'm standing my ground."
Grimmshaw laid a hand on his wife's arm and looked at Grimmjow sadly. "If that's how you want this to go then fine. We'll leave and stay with your sister, but you can't stay here anymore. I'm cancelling the rent when we go down so you better pack." He turned to leave, grabbing his coat. "This isn't over and you will be coming back to Germany with us, no matter what you say."