Chapter 16

I did pretty much the same thing throughout the week in training, I also did some running by doing a couple of miles a day do get and keep me in shape. I was beginning to feel my stamina increase, I could run harder and faster and longer each day.

I was still pretty nervous about presenting myself, but I was sure I would wow them. Seeing as I know how to do art and shoot a bow, those two would be my biggest advantage to use. Hint hint.

The last day of training was the biggest, everyone was working their hardest and fastest, while I-again- stay neutral. The people who run the smaller stations enjoy my company, since no one else thinks of them being suitable. I also enjoy privacy and a little peace sea from all of the rage. These little kids can pack a punch and may actually prove a challenge in the real games. Which scares me.

That boy from two who acted like he slit his throat is my biggest fear and enemy. I figured out his name was Keene, a name that will never leave my memory.

One day, while I was at the knot tying station, this girl with bright orange hair pulled in a poofy pony tail comes and sits beside me. Her eyes are what really stand out, an emerald green that shine like wet grass on a bright morning, shining and reflecting the light in a beautiful way.

I can't stop staring at them, and soon enough she notices. "Can I help you?" I gasp and shake my head. "It's just, your eyes are.... so green."

She smiles in and looks at her knot, "Yeah, I want born with these eyes. I used to have these swampy green eyes, but one day I got bucked by a goat in the face, both of its hooves hitting both of my eyes. It didn't make me blind but gave me these. I was both angry and grateful."

I nod and say, "They're beautiful."

She looks up and into my eyes. "You're that one girl that got to volunteer for TWO people right?" I nod. Her smile fades. "Well my older sister wanted to volunteer for me but they wouldn't let her. They probably let you cause they want you dead, right?" I nod again. "And they put all 12 year olds so they could get back at the districts and make it to where having 12 year olds isn't rare." I say.

Her green eyes go wide. "I knew something was up! Wow... By the way I'm Inna." She says holding out her hand.

"Lilac." And I shake her hand, pretty much saying that we are going to be friends, and maybe allies during the games.