Chapter 20

We sat on the couch eating a small snack waiting to find out my score out of 13. My score could be high for my moves and shots, or low from the big paint explosion that showed a painting of my mother. I was actually quite afraid, if I get a low score I could get less sponsors, and less sponsors means lower survival rate.

I finished my vanilla wafer when the tv came on. I was now on the edge of my seat. Gina patted me on the shoulder for support. Lust Macabre came on sitting at a desk with a screen showing a moving photo of each tribute. First it was the boy and girl from one, then two with Keene who got an 11. Pretty good. Then it came to Inna in district 10, who got an 10, which make me wonder what she did.

Then district 11, now 12. I lean to the very edge of the couch, two things going through my mind. First I did good with my moves and that may get me a good number, but I also shot an arrow with a home made paint ball that could have had explosives made to kill the game makers. I was now praying to an unknown god that this would go well.

Lust took out another set of papers that indicated my set. "And now for district 12, Lilac Mellark. An amazing job earning her a 12! What a number!" Before he can finish how such a good job I did Gina was already grabbing my hands and pulling me into a dance of glee.

Later that day was when I would have to practice for the interviews with Lust Macabre where he will ask us questions, both personal and everyday.

My prep team did some last minute make up and waxing, also doing my nails into a bright shade of blue with rhinestones. "Hey, congrats on the presentation, I would ask what you did but that would be rude. But good work!" Says one of the women.

They leave me before I could thank them, making me feel guilty. My stylist came in in a sunset yellow dress that brings out her curves in ways that you couldn't even imagine. Her face is kind and has a smile, she also congratulates me with a light hug. I give her a warm thankful smile, feeling sort of awkward, having never hugged anyone except for my family and Scarlet.

She takes out a bag that I'm guessing has my dress in it. "I think this will look amazing with your blond hair and blue eyes and light skin, it will look dazzling." She takes out the dress and in speechless. It was a long flowing blue dress with a heart shape collar with rhinestones falling down the torso shaped like a lilac flower. The bottom part flows in a sparkling array of threads and flees with layers of different texture and colors of blue.

"Its.... Beautiful.." I say in almost a whisper. She smiles warmly at my compliment

"It took all day yesterday to make it just perfect. I swear I broke a sweat. Anyways, now is for your training for the interviews. How about we work on the questions first, your lucky that your not old enough to wear heels, so we will go with flats. Lets take a seat." We went and sat on the two chairs in my room.

She sighed and began. She took out this sheet of paper that I suspected had the questions on it. She flipped through them, scanning up and down the papers. She finally landed on some and began. "Hello Lilac, how are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" I say smiling.

"Spectacular! Now, how do you feel being the only tribute from your district, I bet it gets pretty lonely."

"A little, the only thing I miss is my family, I kinda wish they could have come... But that would only happen if they were my mentors and Hevry, my brother, would have also gotten chosen. Or if I didn't volunteer."

"How did it feel to volunteer for two people, was it pretty hard to do so?"

And we went on and on with questions, we also worked on my smile and walk. I learned how to stride gracefully, and wave to my audience. Also sometimes blow kisses or thank them, or just look and smile. I was very thankful that it was finally over, but without her I wouldn't know what to do, say, how to walk, etc. We embraced when it was over, leaving me with this new information that I bet will leave my mind the second those spotlights hit my eyes, then I become a deer in headlights.

.

.

.

Sorry I didn't post for a while, I was busy with shootouts yesterday and today :P but finally got some writing in, next chapter will be the interviews and maybe the games! We'll see how it goes....