Chapter 25

I feel hot tears begin to surface from my eyes. She's not dead, for the anthem said she isn't. It showed the faces of the fallen of the boy from 4, girl from 3, both from 6. The two girls that were killed from the gun which one was from 9 and the other from 8. And the girl from 13, with the boy from 8.

Inna is still out there, along with 25 other tributes including me. Keene is still alive too, and I think most of those killings were from the two from 7's ambush.

If she is out there, how will I find her without being noticed? Where would she go? Where would she hide? Why would she leave when I deliberately told her to stay put? Unless she was taken hostage by other tributes.

I pace in the living room of the small house. I begin to scratch the top of my head, and wipe my face roughly with the heel of my hand. I sigh in frustration. What will I do know?

I go to the front window and scan the outside world. Maybe ill get a better view on the roof. I make my way outside slowly and quietly. I find a satellite dish that is hooked up on the side of the house, and use that as a handle to heave myself up and on to the roof. Once I'm there I crawl to the front and see my surroundings more clear. To my right is just more houses and a road that leads to the ocean. Straight ahead leads to some woods and beyond that are mountains. I'm sure the arena ends just before them, for it seems too large and too much room to hide.

I decide to make my way to the woods, for I can get game and maybe make a small fire in some cave somewhere. I climb down slowly, but my foot slips and I lose my gripping. I fall and land on my back, knocking the wind out of me. I groan, and wheeze for air. I roll over on my stomach and force myself to stand. I feel woozy at first, but I then get used to it, and make my way to the woods.

I decide to cut through ally ways and dark corners so I can't be seen. All of a sudden I hear rustling in the bushes next to me, and I dive next to a house and hug it, trying to conceal myself.

A figure plops out of the bushes, and lays there for a moment in stillness. Then I hear a groan and dragging noises. My heart is about to best right out of my chest, it sounds like someone is hurt, but it could be a trap.

I glance around the corner, and see the figure dragging itself across the road, grunting and wincing as though its in pain. I then have a flashback of a deer my brother once killed. He shot it in the back thigh and it fell limp to the ground. We walked up to it, and it was dragging itself, crying out and trying to get away, to get away and hide. Instead my brother walked up to it and slit it's throat, without hesitation.

I gather all of my bravery and stand, walking up to the figure. I grab my bow and aim at the head, getting ready for anything. All I see are jade green eyes and poofy hair. I feel tears coming, it's Inna.

I rush to her side, pulling her hair back from her face. Her eyes are distant, and I see a trail of blood behind her. Oh god.

She has a spear in her stomach.

Sorry it's so short but I just love cliff hangers! Sorry I didn't post for a while I was busy with my cousin being in town. Comment your thoughts and maybe give me ideas on what you think should happen!