Chapter 19

I had just gotten done with my paint ball when it was time to make our way to the training room to show ourselves to the game makers and "important people".

I was now praying to some unknown god that this would work. If it does it could either wow them, or turn them against me, calling me a culprit. Even if I do it doesn't matter, we're already enemies.

I am very nervous, the biggest thing I'm most worried about is if it will work. Gina says it will but she does lie a lot. We make out way down hallways and make it to the main lobby where we all meet up. Every tribute in one room, doesn't really sound like a good idea on account of my death threat. I glance over at Keene and he's already staring at me with these crazy eyes, like he's stalking his pray. Instead of shying away I give him a look of true hatred, showing him he doesn't intimidate me at all. He grins mischievously, coking his head to the side. I copy him, going now on thin ice with my moves but I have to draw the line here.

The sound of a woman's voice in my ear draws my attention away from Keene. It's Gina, and she says "Don't be fidgeting with the enemy, you know better Lilac. And Keene, keep to yourself, you have all the time in the arena to mess with her."

He shakes I his head and says "That's fine by me. But you can't tell me what to do." And with that he turns and walks towards the elevator.

I was finally in my outfit that represented our district by having the number and logo on the front chest. To me it looked pretty nice, it was a soft dry fit material that fit perfectly to my body. My hair was up in the same down the back braid as my mother. I feel proud to be her daughter.

All the tributes went in and showed themselves to the makers one by one, each in order to their district. Then it was down to 11's boy, who throughout the whole time fidgeted with his hands and I also saw sweat running down the sides of his head.

He walked through the door with wobbly legs, his hands shaking at his sides. Then the door closed behind him, taking the tension. I sat, also feeling nervous about if this would work correctly or not. But then again we used the best machines and paint to fix the ball.

After about five minutes it was my turn, and anxiety was already getting deep into my skin. I slipped the ball into my pocket, hoping to conceal it until the big finally.

I walked in to find all of them sitting and waiting for me to get with the program, the exact opposite of my mothers.

I went and grabbed a bow with the sheath of arrows, having everything I learned about this flood through my mind. I took a deep breath and began.

"Lilac Mellark of district 12."

I began by running and jumping on top of a small foundation and doing a flip while shooting the arrow at the same time. Bulls eye. After that I hopped off and shot another one in the air. I landed in a tumble and flip, taking out the legs of a dummy, then I twist my torso, shooting it in the back.

I then grab a knife and slice the neck of a dummy backwards, sliding on my knees taking out its legs and driving my knee into its back. I then stand and take out my paint ball, putting it on the end of my last arrow.

I pull it back and aim for a small red dot on the wall, then let it fly. When it hit the arrow the ball exploded in an array of hues of color, forming into a painting of my mother standing in front of a Katniss flower with her famous braid and Mockingjay pin, her face serious and beautiful. I smile at my work and bow to them, turning and leaving in a bam.