Cordelia the Silversoul

~~~6 years old~~~

I walk trough the apple orchards, admiring the beautiful round red globes. The apples glisten in the sun as I look at them, basket almost filled. One apple, in particular, catches my eye, a red and yellow Gala apple, my favorite. I reach up to the baby tree. Damn, out of my reach.

"Do you need help?" I hear a boy's voice behind me. Turning around, I see a someone about my age with black hair and blue eyes.

"Y-yes please." I bow my head a little. He reaches up the tree and picks the apple and hands it to me. "T-thank you, um...."

"Zane Ro'meave, and you are?"

"C-c-Cordelia, Cordelia Joyau."

"Cordelia? what a beautiful name."

"Thank you." I blush.

We spent the whole day together, talking and running around the orchards. Before we knew it, it was sunset.

"Cordelia!" A set of familiar voices ring in the air.

"Zane, Where are you?!" Now a pair of three voices call for the boy next to me.

"Oops! It looks like we took too much time!" Zane laughs as he stands up, offering me a hand.

"He-he~" I take his hand and push myself up.

"Oh kook at that! Cordelia, I knew you would be a charmer like your mother!" My father says in a teasing tone, making me blush.

"B-baba!"(A/N. I'm part Chinese and part French so yeah.) Mom comes in, giggling with another person. 

"Oh! Cordelia! I see you already met Zane, this is his mom." Mother says, pointing to the person next to her.

"Hello, I'm Valarie Ro'meave, I see you've already met my youngest son, would you like to meet my older son?"

"Ok!" I say with excitement in my voice. 

"Oh, speak of the devil! They're here right now!" She waves her hands to someone behind me. I turn around to a man and a boy that looks about two years older than me. They approach us. 

"Zane! I knew you were quite the charmer!" The man waggles his eyebrows.

"D-dad!" Zane says, flustered.

"Father, I don't think you should tease him, you know that I can do better." The boy  next to him says in a teasing tone. Then he approaches me with a warm smile.

"Hello! My name is Garroth Ro'meave, and I'm from O'ka-O'ka-O'KAKA!" I giggle he said kaka(poop)!

"ha ha! you're funny Garroph!"<-- Not a typo. I say. Then I look at Zane, who, seems a bit mad.

~~~Time Skip to 10 or 11~~~

"Cordelia, can I see you after class?" My teacher says to me as I arrive to math class.

"Alright Mrs. Hamilton." What could she want? Was I in trouble? I walk into class, sitting next to Zane, apparently my chess partner. "Hey Zane!" I say in my usual voice.

~~~Skip to middle of class~~~

"No!" I almost scream as I lose my queen. "Zane!"

"What?" He smirks.

"Never mind." I say, moving my knight and capturing another pawn that is almost on my side. In the corner of my  eye, I notice that my pawn is one away from the end, within no other piece's reach. after he finishes, I move the pawn up, promoting it to a queen. 

hours later...

I finally lock Zane in a stalemate, meaning that I won. Silently, I cherish my victory while Zane pretends to sulk in a corner.

"Good game, Cordelia." Zane holds out his hand, to shake. I accept it.

The bell rings, signaling the end of the day, I stay, since the professor asked me to stay for a minute. 

"Zane you too!" She yells from the back as Zane exits. I hear a long groan, and footsteps coming closer.

A/N This is a three part origin story, this is the first part, I hope you enjoyed!