7) Garroth x Reader

I promised this, didn't I?

{ your POV}

I sigh, looking at the empty journal page, there was nothing to write about. Nor was I in the mood. Garroth, why her? Why Aphmau and not me? Tears begin to stream down my face as the memory plays in my mind like a broken record.

~~~flashback~~~

"Garroth, I can help if you want," I say with cheer, setting down the spatula.

"It's alright, _____(name)." Garroth smiles at me while sitting down in his chair. I Pour the tea into the cups that rest on the counter. I make my way to the table, sitting next to Garroth. "_____(name), I need to ask you something." His voice has less of a happy tone to it now, But my smile doesn't falter.

"Sure! What is it?" I ask as my heart rate accelerates.

"Well, if I were to be blunt, I lik- no, I love Aphmau..." My heart begins to drop at his statement.

"I see, I- why are you telling me then? Why do you love her?" I ask, fighting back my tears. With each second that ticks on, my smile is harder to maintain.

"She's always been there for me through everything I've been through, caring, and smart. I'm only a guard to her, yet, I went to be more than that."

"I- I see, well, I understand," I say, pretending to look at the clock. "Ah! I have to go, I'll see you later, ok?" I say as I exit the guard station, running home.

~~~Present~~~

The tears flooded out, staining the pages of my journal. I didn't care anymore, I needed relief. I cannot hold the grief anymore, I let it out, marking the pages with the ink of my quill in harsh, abstract strokes.

"Why is love such a nightmare?" I ask myself, aware no-one will answer.

I run out the house to find a place to quiet down, somewhere where I can think. By the time I make my way to the tree on the hill I always go to, I see someone has already taken my spot, Garroth. His blonde hair blows in the wind like the petals that envelope the place. His eyes shine as he looks deep into the sky, pondering things. Garroth shifts his eyes to me, I smile, unaware of my tears.

"Why are you crying?" He asks with concern. You're the reason...

"It's nothing, I just hurt myself...." I lie as I feel a warmth embrace my body.

"Shh... you can tell me, I'm your friend, right?" Friends... that's all we'll ever be....

"I- I'm fine, can you hold on, just a bit longer? It feels nice..."

"A-alright," He says, hugging me tighter, making my cheeks grow hot. Time felt as if it had stopped, holding on for so long...

~mini time skip~

I walk to the guard station where the guards would stay. Making my way to Garroth's room, I plaster on a fake smile and knock.

"Garroth? Are you in there?" I ask, giving another knock. No answer. My fingers lock onto the knob of the door to twist it, but, it's locked. I hear a faint noise in his room, meaning he is in there. "It's _____(name), please open the door!" I almost shout, crying. A rustle is heard, then a click of the door. My hand twist's the knob again, this time, it opens. Quickly, I enter.

"What do you need, _____(name)?" He asks, as if not happy to see me.

"I- I was worried about you, Garroth." I almost whisper, cheeks heating up. "What's wrong?"

"I- I saw something that I didn't want to see... Aphmau & Laurence, they were kissing."

"A broken heart..." I plainly say.

"H-how-" Before he can say anything else, I cut him off.

"I've suffered from one before. There is no cure for that, only time will heal a broken heart." I sigh, it's now or never.... "I liked you, Garroth, for a while now, but when I heard that you had feelings for Aphmau, I wanted to back down, I wanted you to be happy, so maybe you should just do the same, you want the person you love to be happy, right?"

{Garroth's POV}

"I liked you, Garroth, for a while now, but when I heard that you had feelings for Aphmau, I wanted to back down, I wanted you to be happy, so maybe you should just back down, you want the person you love to be happy, right?" I didn't know that the answer was in front of me the whole time, love was in front of me. I stand in front of _____(name) and lean in towards her, and plant a kiss on her lips. At first, she is tense, then slowly, she relaxes into the kiss. Her arms wrap around my neck while my hand cups her cheeks, the other around her waist.

"_____(name), why do you like me?" I ask, she blushes.

"B-because, your smart, handsome, funny, strong, and nice."

"I love you too, _____(name)," I say planting another kiss on her lips