6) Vlyad x Reader x Gene Part 1

Before we begin, I wanted to share a moment of me wasting my time on quizzes instead of writing. This is an Attack on Titan boyfriend quiz. I got Mr. Cleaning fairy... Oh well, he's hot, at the least. *trying to keep calm from fangirling even if Levi can be a But.* Also, ALL the tests I took say this... P.s. I didn't forget about the Zane x Reader, I'm already changing the first one to be a Zane x Reader!

Your POV

"_____(name), you're on guard duty!" Gene orders as I walk my way down the halls. I groan in frustration.

"Alright, sir..." I manage to stop myself from saying the last part of the sentence, turning around to go towards the cells.

Metal boots clank at the contact of the hot Nether Bricks. I make my way to the assigned cell. Looking through the bars, I see a man clad in green. Somehow, he looks familiar, like that kid I used to play with, years ago, back in the overworld. Vlyad... no, it can't be! He looks up from the ground in fear at the sound of my footsteps.

"_____(Name)? ______(Name) _____(Last name), is that you?" He asks half in fear. It is him! Tears of happiness and bitter tears of sadness threaten to flow down my cheeks. After years of believing those rumors of his death and finally accepting the loss, we finally meet again.

"Yes, Vlyad, it's me..." A hot tear trickles down my cheek as I say those four words. "It's been a while, huh?"

"It has, hasn't it?"

I insert the gate key and turn it, entering the large cubicle. Without hesitation, I run and embrace him into a hug.

"I've missed you so much!" Soon, my happiness turns into anger. "How dare you leave me in the overworld thinking you were dead!" I almost hiss.

"I did die, I was brought back to life as a servant to Gene. Eventually, I learned of his crimes and was locked down here, in this hell." More tears pour out of my eyes as I gently push him away.

"Don't worry, I'll get you out, that's a promise." I extend my pinky finger.

"I-I trust you then," He says, locking his pinky with mine, like when we were kids.

~~~Timeskip~~~

I quickly inhale and exhale as my hand makes contact with the knob of the door. Quietly, I open it.

"Excuse me, Gene, I would like to speak with you about the prisoner in the basement of the palace."

"What do you need, _____(Name)?" His voice is calmer than usual, and for some reason, sweeter. My heartbeat quickens at his tone. I'd have to admit, despite all of Gene's flaws, I was still attracted to him. I don't know why, after all, love is blind. You may never know why you are attracted to the person, but you just are. Perhaps it was his cold exterior that hid his warm and caring side. Or just his looks.

"I see a lot of potential in that one, and I would like to propose a deal."

"Oh?"

"I would like to take him under my wing to train him. I am fully aware of his 'dangers' as well."

"That's just like you, ____(name), getting straight to the point," He says. "That's why I like you...." I didn't hear the last part.

"What?" I ask.

"Nevermind. Anyways, I trust that you will discipline him well, especially because you studied under me."

"Is that a yes, sir?"

"Indeed, it is. Don't let me down, _____(name)." A smile creeps onto my face as I bow to Gene.

"Thank you." I say, going out of his office and towards the cells.

~at the cell~

Carefully, I unlock the chains that bind Vlyad to the wall.

"See? I told you I would get you out." He only smiles before muttering a low but audible 'Thank you'.

~~~Timeskip~~~

My eyes flash as Vlyad and I start training. He has been improved on everything, except for hand-to-hand combat.

"You're letting down your guard, _____(name)." I hear a voice at the door, Gene.

"Heh, come at me then, Gene," I say while getting up.

"Very well, I shall play your game then." He gives a nonchalant expression as he makes his way over, glaring at Vlyad.

I get ready. We both start waiting for the other to throw the first punch. Finally, I decide that it's taking too long, I lunge at him, aiming for his guts. He dodges it with ease and retaliates with a kick towards my leg, in which I jump easily. He grabs my wrist and pulls my back towards him, his other arm around my neck, limiting my breathing. With that, I stop moving, accepting defeat. I sigh, finally able to breathe again.