Chapter 23

Everything's blurry...
I can hear his heartbeat right on my ears,
"We must put her in the jail cell." I hear Reiji voice..
I'm going to the dungeon...
I can't resist because 1 I can't move and 2 it's better if I'm there anyway.. So Ayato won't get hurt..
I close my eyes tightly as they pick up my body,
I hear Ayato screaming "NO YOU CANT TAKE HER AWAY-"
I hear Yui's comforting voice "Ayato it's going to be okay...She will be okay" I know Ayato pulled away , "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO HER?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE HER FRIEND!" Ayato then starts running toward me when "oof" he's been blocked off..
I open my eyes again and look at him, his face is filled with a pain expression,
"I love you..." I whisper, my voice shakes, and I cough slightly , I close my eyes again and fall limp..
I'm turning weak..
I need flesh...
I black out completely...Before I do..
All I can hear is his cries...
Ruki POV
I have been looking for Amaya everywhere.. I had her scent yesterday but now it's gone...
I look up into the mansion window when I hear Ayato yelling..
I then get a bit closer when I see Amaya body being carried by Subaru..
It's limp..
I can see blood clearly dropping from the floor as she is being carried.. Blood on her...
She isn't breathing..
Her eyes are closed
My heart races and pounds in my chest..
I WILL NOT LOSE HER!!
NOT AGAIN!!
I then start running to the doors and quickly bang on the doors..
They can't hear me...
DAMMIT!! I then start to climb the mansion, making it to the balcony..
I hear their voices..
"Shes turned Ayato, let her go," Reiji is there along with Ayato...
"I CANT!!"
Ayato yells, "She will be in the dungeon , You can't see her unless you want to die." Reiji calmly states,
What have she turned into?...
I remember...
Flashback..
it was a dark night, the bright moon was lighting the area we would meet..
I could see her walking toward me...
But not running..
Not this time...
"Amy?" I whispered, I walked toward her and then I stop in my tracks..
Her eyes were sickly green, bright as the moon...
"Ruki.." She whispers..
Suddenly she starts to fall when I run to her and immediately catch her, holding her in my arms...
She looks at me...
And then stuffs her face in my chest, causing me to blush slightly, "h-hey what are you doing?!"
I whispered half yelling. "Your heart..." I hear her mumbling..
"What?"
She then looks at me and smiles faintly.. "Your heart..." I look at her...
She wasn't breathing...
...SHE WASNT BREATHING!! My heart pounded in my chest as I picked her up, and carried her in my arms, I quickly ran to the church she came from and then laid her down on the steps, she was cold...
I then quickly took off my jacket and laid it on her, I closed my eyes as tears begin to fall, "Amaya?" I hear the sisters footsteps..
Before they could open the doors, I looked at Amaya, her eyes closed...
I quickly tucked a strand of hair from her face behind her ear...
"Amy..." I whispered...
"Don't die..."
I then leaned down, and kissed her forehead...
"Goodbye.." When I was about to leave I felt her grip on my hand..
"Don't leave me Ruki...please..." I heard her whisper...
I had to let go...
I couldn't watch her die..
I was the coward...
I quickly took my hand away and started walking..
All I could hear was her crying...
"Ruki don't leave me!!"
...I'm sorry Amaya...
I'm sorry that I did...
But this time I won't let go...
Not again!