~ chapter 23 ~

(Unedited)

 I can't believe this is actually happening my first kiss with Jake! Do I want this? Of course I do. Right? Ugh even my thoughts are confusing I am supposed to be head over heels for him, and I'm not even able to make up my mind about kissing him.

Well you better decide now because it´s happening.

I haven't moved an inch but Jake’s face is coming near, and the butterflies feel like dragons on my stomach. This is the moment of truth my first kiss with Jake. Just one inch apart and I'm going to kiss him.

Closer, closer - “Carrie! " I jumped away from Jake in a second, Looking at the person who had interrupted.

“Blake?” I asked startled not expecting him to be at my house at ten thirty.

Jake made an exasperated sight “always interrupting, aren't you Anderson. Why don't you go handle your own business?" He said taking a hold of my waist holding me by his side. Somehow I was too shocked to say anything and being this close to Jake while Blake was just a few steps ahead was making me uncomfortable.

Blake didn't return Jake’s comment; they started with their famous glaring competition, and then addressed me his eyes not losing their icy look. He was mad at me. “your mom called and asked me if I could make you company until she came home because she had to cover a colleague. But obviously you already have company" Blake said eyeing Jake before bringing his cold eyes to mine once again.

“That’s right. No one needs you here so you can get going" Jake said grinning like he just won the ultimate price on a competition, which irked me. I´m not a trophy.

Wow, since when Jake´s attitude irritates me?

“Actually Jake was just saying goodbye, so you can stay" I said shyly to Blake, talking properly for the first time since we got home.

and since when I´m shy arround Blake?

Blake's eyes sparkled once again leaving behind the icy tone they had. Jake looked  at me expecting an explanation " I mean you have to go home and my mom already asked Blake so is not like I could say no" I said offering a small smile.

" that's right is an strict order from Carries mother; She can't say no" Blake said smirking knowing Jake could not say a thing about it " so goodbye lover boy, I can handle it from here" he said pulling me away from Jake’s side.

“Sorry. I'll call you tomorrow okay?" I said to Jake offering an apologetic smile.

“Sure" he said sounding annoyed but still giving me a kiss in the cheek before retreating.

Did I just choose to spend time with Blake over my ultimate crush Jake? Oh well I guess I might be really sleepy and not able to think properly.

Once Jake had disappeared from my sight I turned to Blake not really knowing what to do. “So, why would my mother asked you to stay? I´ve stayed by myself hundredths of times before. “

He smiled at me the smile that made butterflies appear in my stomach and forget why I hated him….I mean hate him.

“Well, from what I understood she saw a movie the other day about a girl who was left alone at her house one night and the next morning she was found murdered, for me that sounds like CSI but she insisted it could happen. I think I finally found why you over react so much” He said as we made our way to the living room.

“Hey that´s not true I do not over react, I just think of all the possibilities” I said in a offended tone, but knowing he was right. I do tend to over react.