Prologue

"I'm gonna make it by any means,I got a pocket full of dreams." -New York by Alicia Keys

One of the reasons Amelia moved to the city was to get her dream job and make something of herself; what she didn't know was that being different can also be a bad thing too. With no one to share her apartment with, and barley any friends with her introverted personality, she's sure that she would never get anywhere with friendships. The few friends that Amelia does have are either busy all the time or have family matters to attend to.

She pushed a box full of clothes across the wooden floor, the box making a small squeaking sound from the freshly waxed floors. Amelia let out a small sigh; she wasn't as fit as the next person, but her thin frame gave some impression that she was fairly fit.

The young woman managed to reach her bedroom, two walls a soft red color, and two walls a blood red color. The bed sat in the middle of the room, the sheets made of silk, their deep, rich colors accenting the rooms other décor. The dresser and two nightstands -one on either side of the queen size bed- were both black. The dresser was on the far left wall, where it stood near the closet door; she had hung up several clothes, but all of which wouldn't be worn for a couple days due to their fancy nature. Besides what was already in the room; the walls were blank, the floors a dark color with nothing important (except for the bed) on them. It seemed as if Amelia didn't have any taste. She shrugged at this thought; once she got the chance to get some canvases, she would decorate the walls with her artwork.