Ch. 3

"'Cause it's you and me,
And all of the people,
With nothing to do,
Nothing to lose."
-You and Me by Lifehouse

[Amelia's POV]

The next day, when stepping out of my apartment, I met the man as he was coming out as well. I ducked my head and headed for the stairs. I felt a chill running down my back as I felt the presence of the man also going down the stairs; the chill was starting to go up to my neck, feeling the stranger's eyes on my back.

It felt weird to say the least.

As my sweatshirt protected me from the cooling winds. It actually felt pretty nice outside, and with the sun beating down, it felt like any other day.

The art store was my next stop; if I couldn't have furniture, personal paintings were second best. The Michael's store a couple blocks away wasn't a bit busy as I thought it would be. It was either that or the huge store just seemed... Huge. I made my way to the canvas section, finding a couple small canvases that were six inches by five inches. They were a good price at five dollars, but they were the type of canvases that had the wooden frame work.

I found a canvas panel for a dollar and fifty cents; with half off everything in the store -and thank God today was sale day-, I would get this for seventy-five cents. I walked to the marker-pencil section. I noticed the man looking at some copic markers; I noted that one was a soft pink color. I smiled a sheepish smile as I started to look at the markers myself. One thing I loved about Michael's was that they had almost every color of copic markers you could ever imagine; they were a good brand, and blended well with each other.

Some of the colors were brilliant, and those were the ones I liked. Bright reds, blues, purples, pinks, and yellows. I was looking at a few of the markers in my hand when the intercom in the store came on, spooking me a bit, and making me drop five of the markers.

I let out a small sigh as I leaned down to reach the markers, only to find another hand reaching down as well. A look up revealed the man; his eyes were a light blue color, a trait that I had not noticed before. They were beautiful, the light sparkling on them at the right angle. He had a small smirk playing on his lips that looked like he had done thousands of times before.

I blushed even harder than the last time, feeling my cheeks warm up immensely. I looked down at the floor, picking up the markers then standing up, with the man following. "I-I'm so sorry!" I nod in his direction, trying to pull a smile while feeling my cheeks grow more heated, my pulse growing. I turn on my heal and head to the self check-out.

I push a strain of hair back behind my ear as I go down the street, then the sudden realization hit me; I forgot some of the colors. This wasn't important right now. I just wanting to go home.

[Hannibal's POV]

She was gentle to look at and her personality differed from the every other I saw; not one to speak out, one not to ask about certain things, one that just had an overall introvert feel. That is all I know, though, seeing as I've only seen her one other time. Her medium brown hair falling down in the right places. Her light-green eyes had curiosity behind their shy exterior.

She was an interesting person to say the lest. It surprising that I found this young lady interesting. It was partly amusing that she was frightened by the intercom's loud disruption.

I managed to pick up a couple of the markers that she had dropped along with my own. I have never tried these copic markers before, but they were a highly recommended brand that several people had told me to try and use. I paid for them, then retreated to the apartment complex. The distance up the stairs seemed to be a short one, then the distance down the hall was also a short one. As I reached her door, I got out the markers I noted her picking.

I knocked three times on the door, hearing a faint, "Coming!" I pulled a small smirk at her unknowing that I was here. She seemed to be embarrassed the times I saw her; her looking over her shoulder, ducking her face, looking away with her cheeks red. It was still amusing seeing her this way, though something told me that was fairly bad. I couldn't place a finger on why that was, but it was there.

The young lady opened the door, her eyes looking me up and down before landing on my eyes. "Y-Yes?" She asked, her voice meek.

"I believe these," I held the markers up before continuing. "Are yours." I retorted.

Her cheeks grew red. "T-Thanks..." She glanced at the floor before taking the markers from my hand.

"I believe that we have failed to introduce ourselves." I nodded at her. She was physically taken back at this.

She looked down at the floor. "Amelia." This was almost inaudible, but I heard it with ease.

"Is that all?" I asked this more out of sarcasm than anything else.

Amelia looked back up at me. "J-Jay." Again, she looked down at the ground and blushed just a bit harder.

"Lecter. Dr. Lecter."