Ch. 6

"Take it out,
Blow it up,
Ignite the memory in between."
-Where We Came From by Phillip Phillips

I walked back to the room as the call ended. As I entered, I bumped into Lecter; he grabbed a hold of my shoulders in order to keep me steady. My hands went up as we bumped into each, resting on his chest after he grabbed my shoulders. I instantly blushed at this. There was no way this was happening.

"I'm s-sorry!" I looked over to the side.

Lecter's hand maneuvered to my chin, pulling my face to meet his. "You do need to realize, Amelia, that you don't have to apologize for what fate keeps bringing you." His eyes searched mine as if searching for what I was going to say before I said it.

"O-Okay..." I didn't want to look away. I didn't want to step away. I didn't want to stray away from this moment.

Lecter smiled a gentle smile. "Now, about that lunch."

There wasn't much open at 9:45 in the morning. The little coffee shop that I went to the other day was open, and this time, it only had about seven other people. Dr. Lecter was kind enough to ask me what I wanted and let me sit at the table of my choosing. I chose the table I sat in just days before.

He came back, sitting across from me, and telling me that the food would be a bit. I started picking at my fingers. The butterflies weren't as crazy as they were yesterday; I was thankful for that much. They were still there, however.

The waitress brought out our food; my plate was filled to the brim with potato soup, while the man across from me had sandwich. The food was pretty good to say the least.

The lunch was filled with silence, with the sound of people chattering and moving. One of the staff members must have gotten bored, because the faint sound of Jailhouse Rock came over the cafe.

I remembered most of the lyrics to the song, seeing that Zack kept singing it for a whole year. He sang it in a fairly high voice to make it funny. I smile at the thought. It wasn't like it could be erased from my mind.

"What?" The doctor asked, tilting his head slightly.

"M-My friend sand this one time..." My voice wavered a bit. After Zack was fed up with the song after several hundred thousands of singing. Everyone around him was glad.

"Is it the one that you were barking to in the main hall?" He didn't. He did. He overheard my conversation. Who wouldn't?

I looked down at the table, my cheeks warming up. "Y-Yeah... Zack... He's stupid."

"He sounds like someone that's eccentric."

"Charlie Sheen's eccentric, Zack's just weird as all get out." I laugh at this. It didn't feel strange, didn't feel out of the ordinary, didn't feel abnormal. It felt good just to talk to someone.

Dr. Lecter laughed at this as well. I could go on about my friend, and even go into detail the time he got his foot stuck in a cow pie. Let's just say that Uncle Rob told him that there was a fly that needed to be stomped.