Chapter 22

Lyric POV

" With you is where I'd rather be,
but we're stuck where we are.
It's so hard, you're so far..
This long distance is killing me.
I wish that you are here with me,
but we're stuck where we are
it's so hard, you're so far.
This long distance is killing me. "

It's been a week since the incident and all I do is sit in my room and listen to music. I haven't been to work and I had to cancel on all of my personal clients. But who would want to look at me. I have eight stitches under my eye and three in my lip. The swelling on my eye is slowly going down but i still can't open my eye for real and its still purple and blue. My nose is fine now though besides a little bruise on it. I just don't feel like myself.

Everyone calls but I just ignore it and send them a quick text that I'm okay even though I know I'm not. I'm so depressed. My confidence is gone. I can't even face Jordan and I miss him so much. I just want him to hold me. Why would Rell have them do this to me ? You don't do things like this to people you say you once loved. And I know we were young, shit I'm still young. But I do feel he loved me, he just didn't know how to show it.

I worked so hard gaining my confidence back after our relationship and for all that hard work to go down the drain in one day is very painful. I can't even look in the mirror when I go in the bathroom. I've never even looked this bad when I fought Rell. I feel so down and broken and my self esteem is gone right now. I want answers!

I turned off my music.
I picked up my phone and dialed the number I once called on a daily basis.
"Hello"

"Why you hate me so much? "

"I know that voice from anywhere . "

"Answer the fucking question Rell. "

"It's this about the other day? "

"What you think. Why would you have them do that to me? "

"You had your brothers do the same to me."

"I didn't have them do shit and you know that Rell. All these years why all of a sudden would I have them come do that to you ? Riddle me that. "

"Change of heart I suppose."

"Change of heart my ass. Now I know you hate me or something. "

"Why you think I hate you ? "

"I don't know, you tell me. You've put me through so much and I don't even know why. Like real nigga shit what did I do ? "

" I loved you and you left me. "

" You might have loved me but you didn't show it. You put your hands on me for nothing most of the time. "

"You know I ain't mean it. I just needed time and you gave up on me. "

"I gave up on you ? I gave up on you? No you gave up on you! " I yelled before hang up on him.

How dare he. I wanted to cry but my eye hurt to bad for that shit.

"Lyric." My mom yelled knocking on the door

"Yes ma"

"Jordan is here. "

"Send him away ma please. "

"He said he's not leaving this time. "

"Please make him leave ma." I begged.
"You want him to leave that bad? "

"Yes ma."

"You do it. Stop pushing him away Lyric. " that was the last thing she said before she walked off.
I got my phone and text him to come to my room.

I was sitting on my bed with my head down while Jordan walked through the door.

"What's the problem Lyric? Why you ignoring me? "

"I don't want you to look at me like this. "

Rell POV

" I loved you and you left me. " I said while I sat in my room rolling up.

" You might have loved me but you didn't show it. You put your hands on me for nothing most of the time. "

"You know I ain't mean it. I just needed time and you gave up on me. "

"I gave up on you ? I gave up on you? No you gave up on you! " she yelled and I soon heard the dial tone.

"Nigga you crazy for real. " my mans Andrew said coming into my room

"Dawg how ? "

"Cause how your ass be sounding "

"What ? How I be sounding ? "

"Why in the hell you have them girls do her like that and then on top of that they still ended up getting they asses beat."

"Shit her ass ain't care when I got beat." I said lighting my J.

"So you called yourself getting even with the girl you walk around here saying got your heart because she got her brothers to whip your ass for all the times you beat the hell out of her for no reason ? Right " he nodded his head. "Makes sense " he said sarcastically.

"Fuck her. " I said getting irritated my his ass.

"Don't get mad at me cause I'm keeping it real with you. You like my brother but real shit if you was beating on my sister like you did Lyric your ass would be a goner. How would you feel if it was your little sister? "

"Man look you fucking blowing my high with this shit. Bye. "

" Bye nigga. Hit me when you get your panties out a bunch. " he got his stuff and rolled out.

I put out my weed cause I wasn't even in the mood any more. I know it was some truth to what he was saying but still nobody knows the real on me and Lyric relationship except for us.

It's three sides to every story. There's hers, mines, and the truth. I loved Lyric, matter fact I still love her. I never wanted us to end up like this but it is what it is.

See back when we were together I didn't want to put my hands on her but it happened that way because I felt like she was trying to play me like I was stupid. Don't say you not cheating when numerous niggas in your dm's and on your block list in your phone.

Then I go in your phone and see new numbers I never seen before. You say they your friends but then why I never met them before. The only friend she needed was me. Not no niggas, no her best friend, her cousins, nobody.

Then you say you not cheating but we been together almost a year and you can't let me make love to you. What kind of shit was that. And yes I did cheat on her but only because I knew she was doing her dirt.

I went back to smoking my J. "It is what it is. Fuck it."

..................

Leave a comment, vote, and share !