Chapter Ten -- Day 10

I roll my eyes. "You're full of yourself." I tell him.

Garner just laughs again and he doesn't really say anything to that. "Come on, we should start getting ready for that fight." He goes to the closet in the corner of the room.

I follow after him. "Should you even be fighting?" I ask him. "You're still hurt from the last battle."

He shrugs. "I'll only get hurt more, what's it matter that it happens now rather than later?" he pulls out a clean shirt and changes into it. I look away for a few seconds.

"How are you even supposed to fight water anyway? We could barely beat the fire things." Garner says.

I shrug my shoulders. "I honestly don't know." I answer. "But if they're anything like the fire things with that red gem, it should be pretty simple."

He looks at me. "Please Rose. It's a rookie mistake to have that thing the first time. You really think whoever's attacking this place is going to try again with those?"

I shake my head slowly and bite my lip. "I suppose not... what do you think then?"

"What if we got the fire gem and made those fight them? It shouldn't be that hard to train or reprogram them, right?"

I shake my head. "I don't think so. Think about it, what do you use to put out a burning house?"

Garner purses his lips out and nods his head. "Fair point." He mumbles. "I'm all out of ideas. Unless electrocuting them is an option. But that would hurt us just as much as them."

I frown and look towards the ground while trying to figure something out. There has to be some way to defeat them, if Garner is right about the gem thing.

"I don't know... hopefully we'll have a couple more days to think of something." I tell him.

Garner nods. "Yeah, in the meantime I suggest we go and find something to eat. I'm starving."

I laugh a little. "You're always starving." I tell him.

He shrugs. "I can't help it." He winks and goes to the door. "Are you joining me or what?" he asks.

I follow after him. "I'm coming, don't get your boxers in a twist." I laugh.

Garner scowls at me while rolling his eyes. "You're such a child sometimes, Rose, it's just weird."

"It's not weird." I scowl at him.

He just rolls his eyes again and starts walking down the hallway without saying another word.

I follow after him without saying anything either.

****

Eria's P.O.V

"There has to be some way at all to find whoever this is." Castor says to Samuel. "I want you to send out a group of men. The savior even if you need to and find whoever is doing this! It needs to stop!"

Samuel nods his head. "Yes sir, I'll get right on it." He lowers his eyes and bows a little before leaving the room.

Castor sighs and slumps back down in his chair. I walk over to the desk and sit down quietly on the edge.

"Don't you think you were a little harsh?" I say softly.

Castor rubs his face. "I don't know what else to do." He says.

I bite my lip. "It's okay." I tell him. "You don't have to be perfect at this."

He smiles a little. "I know, but your mother was perfect at it." He gazes down at the desk.