Chapter 7: Burning Darkness

The fire was surrounding him

He was running and running and never stopped...
He needed to find her in the fire...

His legs were blistering with pain and bleeding with emptiness, but all his mind was focused on was her

Their apartment..it caught on fire...

And Brianna was in there tonight...

The sparks that covered his arms left scars that he could not focus on as he continued to break down the door to their bedroom with brute force..

No help came...no firefighters...no cops....no one...but he couldn't give two shits who came to help him..he needed to get her out of there....

After enough energy was put against the door, he was able to break it down and found her lying on the ground...bleeding

With no haste, he picked her up from the floor, wrapped carefully in a blanket to protect her from the flames and dashed out of there, faster than he could have ever run on his own...but with the power of love to keep him running...

He gently placed her on the grass in the park nearby the apartment and wanted to tend to her wounds and ensure that she is okay...

She wasn't okay.

She had glass lining her sides, cuts across her arms, burn marks on her cheek, blood of his and hers mixed together... It was a nightmare of horror that he was holding in his arms...

And all she said, into his ear, before going into the great unknown...

"I will..always...love you...."

And just like that, his heart was torn to pieces, not by the glass he walked over, not by the fires of the apartment, not by the bleeding of his legs no...

His heart was torn because his love was gone...

Forever.....

The words of police officers were only ringing sounds, the screams of neighbors and children were just the wind to him...he felt nothing....he couldn't feel anything...

He didn't want too...and he never would again....and then....the darkness took him too.