Chapter 13: 9 Months Later

"PUSH! PUSHHHH!!!!!"

Brianna's pulse stopping scream was echoing in his mind, not as much as the feeling he was beginning to lose with such a strong grip he never knew his wife had...

You got this babe, Michael thought in his head, I'm here...

"AHHHHHHH!!!!! OHHHHHHH GODDDD!!!!!", Brianna responded to the doctor's commands, "IT HURTS SOOO MUCH!!!"

"I KNOW MAM! But please work with me!", the doctor responded with urgency and calmness all in one

"Babe, Babe hey!" Michael called to her, making Brianna look into the eyes of the man she was giving his first son too, "just look at me: you can do this my love, your almost through, I know it's been 7 hours-

"Hahahaha, barely aghhhh!!!!! That long?!", she giggles to him, but not in the "cute" way but more "I'm-gonna-kill-you-later" giggle.

"SIR!", the doctor called out to Michael, snapping him out of his thoughts, "Come quickly!"

After quickly kissing Brianna, he immediately rushed over to the bottom portion of the bed, where his wife's legs were spread out and ready to be opened.

"I can feel the head coming out, so when the time is right, the nurse is gonna give you scissors to cut the umbilical cord, do you understand?"

"YES!", Michael responded with giddy in his voice.

"Okay, mam, I need you to give me one last push with everything you got! I can see the head, so i need one last great push!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!", were the last sounds he heard before she was muffled by the sound of a small, new voice, baby like and emitting from her vagina.

"Sir, cut the cord", which Michael did quickly to look down upon the baby and realize, much to his happy shock and surprise, that she gave birth to a baby boy.

"...my god..", he gasped, trying to remain strong and hold back his tears.

The nurses immediately cleaned the baby off and carted him away for some quick blood work and records. 10 minutes later, the nurse returns with a bundle of a blanket in her arms

"Your son, miss and mister", she says before sliding the baby gently into his mother's arms.

"We have everything we need, biologically and legally", she says in a soft tone, "all we need now is a name for the records"

"Babe?", Michael turns to Brianna who simply nods with knowing what her husband will name him.

"Eric, Eric Joseph Lozano"

"EJ!", she responds with cheer in her voice, "Such a beautiful name! I'll go write down, if you need anything, please let me know", before she exits the room.

"Heyyy, Heyyy little EJ!", Brianna says with exhaustion and tiredness clearly in her voice, "it's me, your mommy", where Michael swears he sees tears, but it could have been his tears making him see things

Or perhaps it was both...

The last sounds that came from the room where of a small baby's laugh, a "goodnight" talk between the mother and father and son before all three of them fell asleep, cuddled together under the night sky and the bright stars.

Both Mine. Forever. where Michael's last thoughts as he looked on to his sleeping wife and sleeping son before he fell into the dream he knew had already come true.