Chapter 20: Grand Time

27 YEARS LATER

"FASTER GRANDPA! FASTER!", Emily said in a cheerful, giggling voice. "Woah hahaha! Your really giving grandpa a workout deary." The laughs and joyful mood was clearly evident in the relationship between Michael and his Granddaughter Emily. "Okay you two. Come on inside now for dinner!", Grandma Brianna called out to her husband and granddaughter. 

"Awww, do we have to grandpa?", Emily looked up to the rugged man with puppy eyes. He could swear that she was the true master of that look as he would become putty in her hands. 

"Dont worry baby girl", Michael said as he reached for her hand. "Once we are done eating and helping grandma clean up, we three will go out and stargaze hmm? how does that sound?" 

"Okayyy!", Emily responded in a much cheerier mood and Michael laughed in pure joy, knowing that response was clearly passed down from Brianna's own personality. 

"Isn't this great guys?", Brianna asked the two people she loved laying beside her. 

"Oh yea honey. This is awesome."

"Yeaaaa!"

Brianna chuckled as she heard the positive responses from her two companions. Life was a lot of up and downs since EJ left. After leaving his job, Michael and Brianna dedicated themselves to rebuilding and improving their home with many additions they both wanted. ESPECIALLY the changes she wanted. The end results were a lot of sore mornings, chopped up wood lying around and an overall consistent change from one day to the next. 

She wouldn't take back any of those days for the world, no matter what. 

Brianna lays back on the bed of the truck Michael had purchased with his retirement fund and she felt his hand reach over to hold hers as Emily was heard softly snoring under the bright darkness of the stars. The moment could have lasted forever, just like the day EJ found a lucky woman named Maria and revealed the news they would be grandparents. 

All these moments and more, she would hold in her....till the end of her and her husband's days.